Do I bring the brand new uke?

Sambient

Reaction score
According to FedEx tracking, the mango Makai should be arriving today.
Today is the Philadelphia UU get together.
And when I come home we get in the car for a two hour drive to Mom's where I'll be until Monday or Tuesday.

With any new uke I usually write off the first day or so when it comes to strings staying in tune.
I already had two other ukes in mind to bring to the Philly jam today because I think they're both unusual and people are likely to want to experience them themselves. One is this fun ebay novelty that I was raving about not too long ago on the boards here. Not my loudest, a little more compact, sweet vintage sound, very gorgeous, and solid enough to probably use as a weapon on public transportation should the need arise. The other is my aNueNue longneck because I'm sure people are curious about this new brand as well. This one has some volume. So, already having a tough enough time deciding between those, now there might be a new baby on the doorstep and I'm gonna want to be getting my hands all over that. If it arrives in the morning before I go that is.

As for taking to Mom's. Well, a trip to Mom's can also mean a beach visit at some point. And because this uke and I won't have had a chance to bond yet, I feel like I'll be slighting one of my other ukes the chance to go to the beach. You know, like the recent thread says, ukuleles deserve vacations too. But it is a new uke, and I would ache to not have the chance to bond. I have a feeling I'll be taking two ukes to Mom's. Oh boy, I've hit that point already. Haven't I?

Aloha Sam,
Believe me I know the feeling waiting for the mailman daily and he doesn't have it yet....thinking maybe tomorrow...
Did you leave the same strings on your small uke? still can't believe you got it for $1.29....well $71.29 and it looks
well made. How does it sound??? Also you did'nt mention anything about you Anuenue long neck soprano??How's that one sounds??
BTW- did you ever have a Lanikai made in Hawaii???was thinking to ask, heard from someone that you may have one.
Anyways, have a great time at the philly Jam and enjoy the philly steaks sandwiches...he he Also Have a great time
at the beach and your mom's....so I guess your fluke is stay'n home then...LOL Take Care and have Fun...MM Stan..

The new uke did not arrive in time to go to the jam in the park. It was waiting for me when I got home however.
I took the senor coconut to the get together today and we had such a good time together that is what I've brought with me to Delaware. I figured Mom would get a kick out of seeing that little oddity.
I'd forgotten too one thing that I dig about the coconut uke, it can double as percussion quite nicely. Great for softly appreciating someone's playing.
The new uke came to me like it's already grown up. Not needing a ton of initial nurturing. I've let it stay home and look forward to getting back to it when we can really get aquainted.

Top Bottom