can anyone help me find a ukulele resonator

ukeboypat

Reaction score
I've been having a hard time of finding a ukulele resonator that would suit me for a couple reasons

1. I'm still quite new at the ukulele itself so finding whats right for a wooden one is hard enough.

2. Most the stuff I've seen are from Europe and I don't know if i should go for over seas just yet.(I'm in America by the way)

3. i don't know anything about a resonator besides its amazing for blues and is most the time steel.

So if anyone want to help me out with sites to go to or just useful info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Pat

resonators are normally steel string too right? i dont know that you would get the sound you are looking for from a uke sized resonator, especially if you are using nylon strings.

unless what you are looking for is just a really small resonator. but who knows. it would be interesting to see what ANY mini 4 string resonator would sound like. sorry i cant be of much help on this though.

a shop in cardiff has a ukulele resonator thats been on sale for about 3 years

its £299 tho, like $600..

tenor size

I've been having a hard time of finding a ukulele resonator that would suit me for a couple reasons

1. I'm still quite new at the ukulele itself so finding whats right for a wooden one is hard enough.

2. Most the stuff I've seen are from Europe and I don't know if i should go for over seas just yet.(I'm in America by the way)

3. i don't know anything about a resonator besides its amazing for blues and is most the time steel.

So if anyone want to help me out with sites to go to or just useful info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Pat

Hey!
Well what do you know, I have a Concert size Nashville Resonator ukulele with hard case in sitting in my room!

Its not steel strings, its nyglut... What i know about resonators and i learned this from ukulelezaza is that theres a plate jst under the sound hole and when you strum the strings, the metal plate vibrates and gives this loud and sharp tone. The body of the resonators are usually brass.

Hope that helps.

heres a picture of my Concert size, Nashville Resonator Ukulele
Sorry its not clear.. :(

Last edited:
wow thats one beautiful ukulele
and 600 dollars is a bit out of my price range lol more like 300 to 400
but im still looking.

thanks for all the help,
Pat

wow thats one beautiful ukulele
and 600 dollars is a bit out of my price range lol more like 300 to 400
but im still looking.

thanks for all the help,
Pat

Oh i see.. Have u checked the shops? I can sell you mine for cheap cheap! Thats if you were interested of course. check out the picture that i attached and let me know..
I bought it for $500 at the music store, Ill Would most likely sell the ukulele and hardshell case for around $200-250 +shipping.
Its sitting in my wardrobe.

Top Bottom