New Kanilea K-3 Concert

Emdogsmac

Reaction score
After months of consideration, this week I am going to order a new Kanilea K-3 Concert with a MiSi pick-up. What do you all think? Will I be happy?

I am very interested in any Kanilea owner's thoughts.

Mahalo all.

Emdog

Aloha EmDogsmac,
Welcome to the UU and our forums.....are ya kidding....
Only fusstration is waiting for the mailman...
Have fun....Happy 4 ya!!! MM stan..

Relax Emdogsmac, do something in the meantime, like occupy your own time and other things and once you realize it, the mailman be banging on your doorstep! :)

Yeah, you'll be happy... Happy might be an understatement. I have a K-3 tenor and I love it. I have a couple Ko'olau tenors and a Kamaka, and the K-3 is the best looking of the bunch IMO. And the sound and playability are just as good too. Also, I've played several Kanileas other than the ones I've owned and haven't played a bad one yet.

Special is an understatement. I just got the K-PA in July, which is basically a K-3 with an abalone rosette, and I've played it at least once a day since I got it. Congrats! Play it in good health.

My tenor

Have one Kanilea, the K-1 T SM, and of all my ukes this is my favorite to play. Only have to strike the low G and I feel that vibration in my heart - that love of a musical sound that changes the space that is in me and all around me, almost like the beginning of a mantra - OM..... Did I say I love this ukulele? Enjoy your concert.

Aloha....man you are going to LOVE your Kanile'a uke. I just got myself a 6 string Kanile'a about 2 weeks ago and it is amazing. The sound that eminates from the uke is incredible. I promise you ..... once the uke arrives, you will not be able to put it down!!!!

Have fun!!!!

How could you not love a Kanile'a uke esp. a K-3!!!!
Congrats!!

I'm just so happy for you that this will be your everyday uke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I only hope I play well enough someday to justify buying on of these. Good luck and enjoy.

Kanileas Rock...I loved my Super Concert that I purchased another Concert with preimium grade koa at the Cerritos Uke Festival. I love my Kanileas!

You gotta a great Uke! The K-3 sound as nice as it's looks. The Kanile'a UV gloss is unmatched in the industry! ENJOY and Congrats!

Kanilea

As the owner of a K-1 concert and a K-2 tenor, I say welcome! Absolutely lovely instruments, top-quality and the sound is unique. As you play it, do consider trying out various kinds of strings as well. For me, Worths are a terrific match. In any case, you have wonderful times ahead of you! Congrats!

saw a pict of a k-1 they is beautiful. My UAS is screaming.a K super concert is my dream uke.

Last edited:
All,

Finally arrived! Kanilea K3 with tortoise binding, zebra rosette and a mi-si pickup. The tone is incedible and you all were right..... I can't put this thing down. Beautiful uke.

You will see it in my next contest video! stay tuned.

Thanks
Emdog

Top Bottom