PDA

View Full Version : New Kanilea K-3 Concert

Emdogsmac
08-21-2010, 07:16 PM
After months of consideration, this week I am going to order a new Kanilea K-3 Concert with a MiSi pick-up. What do you all think? Will I be happy?

I am very interested in any Kanilea owner's thoughts.

Mahalo all.

Emdog

mm stan
08-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Aloha EmDogsmac,
Welcome to the UU and our forums.....are ya kidding....
Only fusstration is waiting for the mailman...
Have fun....Happy 4 ya!!! MM stan..

Emdogsmac
08-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Thats what I thought but I like positive reinforcement!

E

Lexxy
08-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Relax Emdogsmac, do something in the meantime, like occupy your own time and other things and once you realize it, the mailman be banging on your doorstep! :)

Ukulele Dude
08-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah, you'll be happy... Happy might be an understatement. I have a K-3 tenor and I love it. I have a couple Ko'olau tenors and a Kamaka, and the K-3 is the best looking of the bunch IMO. And the sound and playability are just as good too. Also, I've played several Kanileas other than the ones I've owned and haven't played a bad one yet.

cletus
08-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Yeah, you'll be happy... Happy might be an understatement.

Yeah, I hope you survive the wait...

Congrats and send pics!

deznuchs
08-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Waiting for the mailman/UPS/Fedex ppl are the worst. I get so much anxiety from those situations. Try sleeping;)

Emdogsmac
08-22-2010, 05:58 PM
All,

I appreciate the feedback. I wanted to get a uke to play everyday but wanted something really special. This sounds like the one.

solrac
08-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Special is an understatement. I just got the K-PA in July, which is basically a K-3 with an abalone rosette, and I've played it at least once a day since I got it. Congrats! Play it in good health.

ADD
08-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Have one Kanilea, the K-1 T SM, and of all my ukes this is my favorite to play. Only have to strike the low G and I feel that vibration in my heart - that love of a musical sound that changes the space that is in me and all around me, almost like the beginning of a mantra - OM..... Did I say I love this ukulele? Enjoy your concert.

molokinirum
08-23-2010, 04:49 AM
Aloha....man you are going to LOVE your Kanile'a uke. I just got myself a 6 string Kanile'a about 2 weeks ago and it is amazing. The sound that eminates from the uke is incredible. I promise you ..... once the uke arrives, you will not be able to put it down!!!!

Have fun!!!!

BadLands Bart
08-27-2010, 07:59 AM
How could you not love a Kanile'a uke esp. a K-3!!!!
Congrats!!

PhilUSAFRet
02-03-2011, 04:07 AM
I'm just so happy for you that this will be your everyday uke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I only hope I play well enough someday to justify buying on of these. Good luck and enjoy.

edgar44
02-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Kanileas Rock...I loved my Super Concert that I purchased another Concert with preimium grade koa at the Cerritos Uke Festival. I love my Kanileas!

danged
02-18-2011, 01:23 PM
You gotta a great Uke! The K-3 sound as nice as it's looks. The Kanile'a UV gloss is unmatched in the industry! ENJOY and Congrats!

CTurner
02-18-2011, 02:36 PM
As the owner of a K-1 concert and a K-2 tenor, I say welcome! Absolutely lovely instruments, top-quality and the sound is unique. As you play it, do consider trying out various kinds of strings as well. For me, Worths are a terrific match. In any case, you have wonderful times ahead of you! Congrats!

strumsilly
02-18-2011, 03:06 PM
saw a pict of a k-1 they is beautiful. My UAS is screaming.a K super concert is my dream uke.

Emdogsmac
03-18-2011, 01:29 PM
All,

Finally arrived! Kanilea K3 with tortoise binding, zebra rosette and a mi-si pickup. The tone is incedible and you all were right..... I can't put this thing down. Beautiful uke.

You will see it in my next contest video! stay tuned.

Thanks
Emdog

Plainsong
03-18-2011, 01:41 PM
My dlx K1 superconcert is pretty special, and pretty pretty. Ain't no other voice like it. :)

dip.mojica
03-18-2011, 02:10 PM
of course you will! it's going to be an awesome ukulele!

dip.mojica
03-18-2011, 02:12 PM
i just saw that you just got it. you should post pictures and a full review when you've played it fora few days! If you write a review, I'd love to post it on my blog! just let em know!

Nico

Ronnie Aloha
03-18-2011, 02:47 PM
All,

Finally arrived! Kanilea K3 with tortoise binding, zebra rosette and a mi-si pickup. The tone is incedible and you all were right..... I can't put this thing down. Beautiful uke.

You will see it in my next contest video! stay tuned.

Thanks
Emdog

I don't believe you got it. No photos, no belief!

dkcrown
03-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Can't wait to see the pics.

You made a great decision going with the MiSi. Kanilea's have a beautiful voice, but in general are not as loud as some of the other K brands. I just put one in my custom tenor today and it makes a world of difference.

And I agree with Plainsong. My K1 delux super concert sure is pretty!

mm stan
03-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Congratulations.....and yup the have this deep resonation and substain, crisp, clean individual notes....I'm using my friends K5 he lent me...sweet...Have Fun and enjoy..

SuzukHammer
03-18-2011, 05:03 PM
I had tried some Kanilea before and nothing really jumped out at me. THere were 5 Kanilea in a store yesterday. I really liked the looks of one and I played it. It sounded good but not enough for me to bite.

I picked up the second best looking Kanilea, a K-2 C and DAAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNNEEEEEDDDDDD!! I wanted that thing so bad. I was bouncing / dancing while I played it - no lie.

I never knew. Now, I'm thinking I need to try a K-3 and what is a K-5? I gotta know .

mm stan
03-18-2011, 05:07 PM
I had tried some Kanilea before and nothing really jumped out at me. THere were 5 Kanilea in a store yesterday. I really liked the looks of one and I played it. It sounded good but not enough for me to bite.

I picked up the second best looking Kanilea, a K-2 C and DAAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNNEEEEEDDDDDD!! I wanted that thing so bad. I was bouncing / dancing while I played it - no lie.

I never knew. Now, I'm thinking I need to try a K-3 and what is a K-5? I gotta know .

Aloha Frank,
Top of the line..brother....if you ever get to try one..it plays like butter...and soo sweet... you'll need deep pockets for this one...

Emdogsmac
03-19-2011, 09:42 AM
OK all,

I am on the road right now but when I get home next week, I will post a pic (and do a review for you nico). I always love to share!

Emdog