Republic wooden reso uke

ichadwick

Reaction score
597_448_IMG_7184.jpg

New model from Republic, unfortuntately only concert scale.

Has anyone played/reviewed one of these?

I have searched the Republic site and Youtube. Still have not found any sound samples. I like the look and potential of a wood body resonator.

Oh wow - that's just what I've been looking for. And I love concerts! I couldn't afford the National version but I bet I can afford a Republic. Cool

I agree with marymac. I love concerts. I have a Recording King bell brass body resonator uke, but I'm a bit disappointed with it. I would love to hear the Republic wood body.

Yes, China. I had one of their metal-bodied ukes and it was reasonably well made, but heavy. I'd get another, but only a tenor scale. Okay, maybe a baritone.

Ah concert scale, hope it sounds sweet but bites like a drunk from down the street.So close to signing up for one, a sample would mak it a deal if it was a sweetsample!

Sound was okay. Not as loud or as brash as a banjo uke, but not quite as funky as a metal-stinged reso, either. Something in-between. I would have kept mine, had it been a tenor scale.

I'll have to keep my eye on this Republic. I'm in the process of replacing the Recording King cone and bridge with a National cone and bridge from Elderly. The Recording KIng tone was pretty flat. I'll let you know how this works out. I would like to hear a sound bite of the wood bodied Republic.

I just saw a tenor reso from Republic on eBay. Wooden body. Not bad price - anyone have any experience with them? How do they compare with the Kala reso?

Recently played the new Gretsch wood-body resonator (concert scale). Really like the sound and feel. They too are Asian made. Online price seems to be $249. Plan to buy one once I thin the herd a bit.

Top Bottom