AMAZING GRACE - blues improvisation

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
One of my favourite songs. At the weekend I recorded myself messing about with it.

But I have recorded it half a dozen times before.

Here it is on the guitar, for instance.

And here it is again on the uke.

Awsome! I plan on trying some of your free down songs after I've had my fingers on the uke a little while longer.
What's the easiest one you've got? I'll fly away might be the first one I try unless you've got something easier. BTW love all the old Gospel stuff.

Great vids! I've been playing along side a piano and organ at church for some time (on uke and guitar) and this last weekend the pianist played a very bluesy version of AG in F and asked me just to jam along to it on a few verses. It was probably one of my best solos. Divinely inspired on a Sunday morning!

~DB

all of them are great Ken.

It is a great tune to play around with. It comes out different every time.

Awsome! I plan on trying some of your free down songs after I've had my fingers on the uke a little while longer.
What's the easiest one you've got? I'll fly away might be the first one I try unless you've got something easier. BTW love all the old Gospel stuff.

There are about 30 free arrangements. Quite a number are easier than Fly Away. Try Sweet Afton, for instance, or any of the slower ones.

Quite nice. Comments @u2b.

Thanks.

Great vids! I've been playing along side a piano and organ at church for some time (on uke and guitar) and this last weekend the pianist played a very bluesy version of AG in F and asked me just to jam along to it on a few verses. It was probably one of my best solos. Divinely inspired on a Sunday morning!

~DB

Did you record your solo? I find that I forget to record jam sesssions, and then they are lost forever.

Very cool videos Ken. Guess i gotta practice a lot on my improvisation skills :)

Thanks ken, I'll try Sweet Afton.
Thanks for being so generous with the free arrangements.

Top Bottom