Melody contest

bornagainjeeper

Reaction score
AND THE WINNNNNNERS ARE

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO SHARED SOME POSITIVE VIBES TO THE UU COMMUNITY!

i will get in touch with the winners a prize givers to remind them to get together, exchange mailing information, and hug one another.

To say that a man is your Friend, means commonly no more than this, that he is not your enemy. Most contemplate only what would be the accidental and trifling advantages of Friendship, as that the Friend can assist in time of need by his substance, or his influence, or his counsel. Even the utmost goodwill and harmony and practical kindness are not sufficient for Friendship, for Friends do not live in harmony merely, as some say, but in melody.” -H.D. Thoreau

In light of recent events and a general trend towards "Un-aloha" ways.... I AM HOSTING A CONTEST!
Melody Ukulele Contest

Very simple...

I will scan the forums for three randomly selected days, and write down the names of anyone i see being "nice"...then draw a winner at random...the more times i see you being nice on those three random days, the more likely you are to win....

WIN WHAT? you might ask

WELL LEMME TELL YA
A CUSTOM MADE T SHIRT THAT TELLS THE WORLD!....
"I AM THE NICEST UKULELE PLAYER ON THE PLANET, HUG ME"
2 UU LOGO TSHIRTS HAVE BEEN ADDED BY A SECRET SATAN..uh SANTA....AMONGST US!
2 Uke Leashes One Uke Leash in Leather (black or brown), and one Uke Leash in Polypro (choice of 10 colors). From Lori at UkeLeash.com. Shipping Included
AMAZING CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES MADE BY UU user austin1...tina
1 set of strings of the winners choice (depending on availability, SHIPPED TO YOU!) donated said they could accommodate most brands (i saw worths and aquilas on the list)
I
will likely be adding other prizes. (which will be given to seperate drawee's (is that a word?...is now...comment below)

Rules:
Be Nice
If i witness you being positive, and you then being negative... I will remove you from the drawing forever
The days will be SECRET! and only I will know about them
Comments posted from Aug. 20-October 15 are eligible (long term to ENCOURAGE THE POSITIVE VIBE)

What am i looking for exactly? Well some of the things, but not limited to, Helping out the beginners (WHO CARES if its the 100th time you've seen someone ask what uke they should get, or how to play an E chord without drooling on themselves....GET EXCITED THAT THEY ARE EXCITED!)
People complimenting videos, tabs or any work
General positive fellowship "Hey how you doing...ect"

DISCLAIMERS
I promise i won't see every comment....but i'll do my best...i will scan about the first 5 pages or so of everything on three days....and do my best to locate happiness....
There is no great grading criteria....But we all know nice when we see it....so i'm gunna be subjective here (touch britches)....If you whine about the winners i will come to your house and give you the hillbilly jeeper butt whomping of your life (ok that part probably isn't true) I will also be asking for input from UU regulars and moderators for nominations, as i don't use the forums as often as i used to...each person i ask will be allowed to nominate one person for a free entry (or additional entry, as they will likely be included already)...
This is also in no way ment to be an attack on those who may have felt passionate about things lately...but i truly believe its times just just all kiss and make up regardless of our feelings....
If anyone chooses to post negativey on this thread, i encourage people to ignore it, and not respond, as it will make it easier to figure out who i won't want to talk to ever again.

I'm a poor student...if you wish to add prizes annonomously or with advetising attached, PM me and we'll grow this a little bigger.. I wish i could get a present to everyone i see being nice....I will just owe you a hug when i meet you....i give great hugs.

“Justice and goodwill will outlast passion” James Garfield

“Nothing that I can do will change the structure of the universe. But maybe, by raising my voice I can help the greatest of all causes - goodwill among men and peace on earth." Einstein

Love,
Alex

Last edited:
Its worth a shot to see how this works.

First off, I am going to thank you for being so kind as to offer prizes to win back the Aloha spirit.

I have been here for about 2 months and it seems like a great place. When I first posted, I got good feedback from people I called "the oldtimers" and that really helped out.

There is so much useful information here. THe "giving" and sharing seemed like a vital part of this forum.

That and the imperative to "just have fun" needs to be rekindled.

Its worth a shot to see how this works.

First off, I am going to thank you for being so kind as to offer prizes to win back the Aloha spirit.

I have been here for about 2 months and it seems like a great place. When I first posted, I got good feedback from people I called "the oldtimers" and that really helped out.

There is so much useful information here. THe "giving" and sharing seemed like a vital part of this forum.

That and the imperative to "just have fun" needs to be rekindled.

Couldn't agree with ya more...we're all guilty from time to time, but its worth making the effort to just have fun...thanks for the comment

Wonderful idea, Jeeper

What a good idea, Alex. Much kudos to you.

WIN WHAT? you might ask

That t-shirt sounds brilliant. Although there are many people on here who deserve that accolade :D

I'm looking forward to this contest a lot,
Anna :)

That t-shirt sounds brilliant. Although there are many people on here who deserve that accolade :D

You are so right...i wish i could reward everyone for their wonderful OVERWHELMING unconditional positive regard for other ukers....but this contest is something of a silly idea anyhow, as when we are positive to one another....(no i don't belive in karma...just social interaction) that positivity ALWAYS comesback stronger than in went out. So as hokey as it sounds, there is a reward everyday for everyone who just stops and thinks..."i disagree with someone, but is there a better way to express my frustration..." Relaxed people don't havta bother with boots...there isn't any horsemess to wade through.

Anna is spot on! There may be a few un-aloha types who pop up from time to time 'round here, but the bulk of this lot are among the most fun-loving folks you'll ever hope to meet online. It's why I keep coming back, and why your redundant t-shirt would make anybody proud to wear it! I myself have been away from UU of late (for various reasons) and was disheartened to read of the flaming going on in the contest forum. I am purposely avoiding exposure to said flames. Who needs it? Flame jobs are best suited to '57 Chevys and chopper gas tanks IMHO, not the peaceful confines of UU.

i agree very very much that there are bunches of people...and UU is 99.99999999% positive. But we should strive for perfection. But since there are so many worthy people thats why the lottery system...i wish everyone who did good could be reckognized and made example of always....

Such a little thing can bring so many smiles. Ukulele or Comment or both.

The more and more I read these threads, the more and more I'm proud to play the ukulele.

To say that a man is your Friend, means commonly no more than this, that he is not your enemy. Most contemplate only what would be the accidental and trifling advantages of Friendship, as that the Friend can assist in time of need by his substance, or his influence, or his counsel. Even the utmost goodwill and harmony and practical kindness are not sufficient for Friendship, for Friends do not live in harmony merely, as some say, but in melody.” -H.D. Thoreau

In light of recent events and a general trend towards "Un-aloha" ways.... I AM HOSTING A CONTEST!
Melody Ukulele Contest

Very simple...

I will scan the forums for three randomly selected days, and write down the names of anyone i see being "nice"...then draw a winner at random...the more times i see you being nice on those three random days, the more likely you are to win....

WIN WHAT? you might ask

WELL LEMME TELL YA
2 UU LOGO TSHIRTS HAVE BEEN ADDED BY A SECRET SATAN..uh SANTA....AMONGST US!
I will likely be adding other prizes. (which will be given to seperate drawee's (is that a word?...is now...comment below)
AMAZING CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES MADE BY UU user austin1...tina

Rules:
Be Nice
If i witness you being positive, and you then being negative... I will remove you from the drawing forever
The days will be SECRET! and only I will know about them
Comments posted from Aug. 20-October 15 are eligible (long term to ENCOURAGE THE POSITIVE VIBE)

What am i looking for exactly? Well some of the things, but not limited to, Helping out the beginners (WHO CARES if its the 100th time you've seen someone ask what uke they should get, or how to play an E chord without drooling on themselves....GET EXCITED THAT THEY ARE EXCITED!)
People complimenting videos, tabs or any work
General positive fellowship "Hey how you doing...ect"

DISCLAIMERS
I promise i won't see every comment....but i'll do my best...i will scan about the first 5 pages or so of everything on three days....and do my best to locate happiness....
There is no great grading criteria....But we all know nice when we see it....so i'm gunna be subjective here (touch britches)....If you whine about the winners i will come to your house and give you the hillbilly jeeper butt whomping of your life (ok that part probably isn't true) I will also be asking for input from UU regulars and moderators for nominations, as i don't use the forums as often as i used to...each person i ask will be allowed to nominate one person for a free entry (or additional entry, as they will likely be included already)...
This is also in no way ment to be an attack on those who may have felt passionate about things lately...but i truly believe its times just just all kiss and make up regardless of our feelings....
If anyone chooses to post negativey on this thread, i encourage people to ignore it, and not respond, as it will make it easier to figure out who i won't want to talk to ever again.

I'm a poor student...if you wish to add prizes annonomously or with advetising attached, PM me and we'll grow this a little bigger.. I wish i could get a present to everyone i see being nice....I will just owe you a hug when i meet you....i give great hugs.

“Justice and goodwill will outlast passion” James Garfield

“Nothing that I can do will change the structure of the universe. But maybe, by raising my voice I can help the greatest of all causes - goodwill among men and peace on earth." Einstein

Love,
Alex

You do give good hugs.

Just for the record, I make fabulous cookies. Not implying anything, just sayin.

aha this is such a great idea! I hope this inspires people to bring the aloha back to the forum.

Good luck choosing awesome winners!

Way to go bornagainjeeper. Ever have one of those "Why didn't I think of that" moments? Bloody brilliant.
Post Script: I love your idea of just not reponding to negative posts. Things are looking brighter already. ( o )==::

ALLLLLLLLLLLL right folks, made my first survey of NICENESS at UU...i am happy to say it took me over and hour and i got about 250 entries, Lots of entries, and in many cases, those were multiple entries for single people...one person has already gotten 10 entries! so congrats to everyone that made the first list...the next surveys could be tommarow, next month who knows...I will also try to do them at different times of day, as to not bias the results to people awake or working or whichever at certain hours.

"i am the nicest ukulele player in the world, hug me"

THIS IS THE BEST T-SHIRT IN THE WORLD. :) i would wear this every day haha. great idea for a contest, these things sound either delicous, awesome, or in some cases, both :p

Top Bottom