2 months on Strings, 2 months on Uke

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
They say a habit is formed after 21 days ... or is it 30 days.

I could never never never spend hours on a guitar and hence I failed to learn or even to catch a buzz for guitar playing.

Its now 2 months playing the uke and I have a hard time playing less than 2 hours a day.

Uncle Rod's Boot Camp for chords. I highly recommend it. I still visit and use that tool as much as possible because I am finding out the rhyme and the reason for it in music theory discussion. and being able to have learned those chords and bring them up on command is awesome.

I have pushed myself to try and learn parts of songs. But it seems I only can learn and remember parts still, not a whole 3 minute song.

After reading "frustration", I actually went back and started learning easy kids songs. 1) the clean version and 2) the blues and nasty versions. Easy and fun. And surprisingly gonna make me mod a uke to the low G.

2 months now and I already have over 10 ukes and I go crazy on each one. I think I'm a ukulele player. I think I'll be here for awhile. ;)

Congratulations and thanks for the tips!

2 months now and I already have over 10 ukes and I go crazy on each one. I think I'm a ukulele player. I think I'll be here for awhile. ;)

UAS can be a dangerous (yet wonderful) thing. Glad to have you here!

Aloha SuzukHammer,
Glad to hear that your ukulele progression and learning curb is moving in a forward direction rapidly..for two
months you've accomplished much...including your UAS too...It is nice to have you here, in the UU and the forums..
and yes the ukulele is a fun, fun instrument...but also very addictive and contagious...Enjoy the ukulele journey,
my friend...as we all do!! "Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan...

UAS can be a dangerous (yet wonderful) thing. Glad to have you here!

Hey Nuprin, I had found your name as I was researching Kiwaya K-Waves and great job just handing over one of your babies to NatelieS a few months back. Incredible really.

I give instruments away too. I reluctantly gave away one of my new ukes I got from New Zealand to my wife. I could see the desire in her eyes though and if that is what it takes to get her to play with me, then I'm gonna have to buy more ukes for her. haha.

I just saw your collection of girls on your link. Freaking awesome. All of them including the Dolphin. I was going to buy the yellow/orange dolphin in SIngapore but...... .. fear of too much luggage prevented me.

I posted this because I want other beginner's to know that sure, it can be frustrating; but, there is soooooo much that is fun.

Take for example all the new blues bends and slides I'm doing. Are you kidding me? That is too much fun.

I'm just learning much more chords than the standard open ones and there are some great sounds to make.

I've been lucky to find out it takes time to get to your ideal playing state. If you don't enjoy all that time in between, you may not get there.

Wow....2 months and 10 ukes!!!!! Brah, you got dat UAS bad!!!

Top Bottom