I just did a BAD thing...

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
Last edited:
looks like an awesome uke. do you want to sell that baritone yet lol?;);):iwant:

Congrats! Good score!

Actually, what did cause me to pull the trigger was the "Bill Me Later" feature. I am pretty sure I can come up with the money within 6 months, lol. I have wanted a Style 1 for a long time, and in fact, I NEARLY bought one instead of my Style 2. I am kind of a Tortoise Shell junky. Almost all of my basses have Tortoise Shell pickguards, which is funny since I HATED it when I first started playing bass. Some of my bandmates have even said things like "That new Toyota is nice, but couldn't you get it with a Tortoise Shell pickguard?".

Last edited:
...I hope you left some cash for flowers.

ha...and a lawyer!!!!

beautiful looking uke mate. I'm a bit of a toroise shell junky too. Your last comment reminds me of an Aussie band I virtually worshipped through the 90's called Smudge. When I finally got married and we had our first child, friends were genuinely miffed we didn't call the baby "Smudge" as well. (we settled on Jemimah)

Congrats.... a nice well-cared for Martin uke... VeRy CooL! Enjoy.... :)

Aloha Chris,
Whoa that came outta left field eh!!!I had a style O in that refinished condition with no cracks....
paid 4 presidents for that one and sold it for the same..How does it sound???I threw some
martin flurocarbons on the one I had and it sang...what do you have on yours......wonder if
you have more ukes than guitars and bass now???HMMM...My guess, did the style 3 fall through..
Maybe you can tell the wife it is a birthday present type excuse...he he....then you wouldn't lose
some pipes..Well enjoy and give us the 411 on your new baby..."Keep strumming them strings"
MM Stan...

Aloha Chris,
Whoa that came outta left field eh!!!I had a style O in that refinished condition with no cracks....
paid 4 presidents for that one and sold it for the same..How does it sound???I threw some
martin flurocarbons on the one I had and it sang...what do you have on yours......wonder if
you have more ukes than guitars and bass now???HMMM...My guess, did the style 3 fall through..
Maybe you can tell the wife it is a birthday present type excuse...he he....then you wouldn't lose
some pipes..Well enjoy and give us the 411 on your new baby..."Keep strumming them strings"
MM Stan...

MM Stan,
I just bought it today, so it will be a few days before it arrives. I'm not sure what it is strung with, but I also ordered a set of the Martin Fluorocarbons to put on it (eventually at least, unless I don't like whatever it's strung with now, in which case they'll go right on it). I have Aquilas on my other vintage Martin, but thought this would be a good chance to try something new. I mean, we can't have both Martins sounding the same, can we?
And yes, I have more ukes than basses. I currently have 8 basses (but have had as many as 10 at the same time), and only one guitar (which never really gets played and could actually be sold without too much regret). This will make 14 ukes.
And no, the deal on the Style 3 hasn't OFFICIALLY fallen through. My acquaintance that owns it isn't sure he wants to sell it, but a mutual friend told me I should try asking him again in a month or two. At least I know that one isn't going anywhere. He assured me that if he DID decide to sell it, he'd give me first shot at it. He said he had no interest in selling it on eBay or to a dealer. So maybe after I have absorbed the cost of this one.... lol. Then I'll just need a Style 0, which won't be hard to come by. I suppose I can put all thoughts of a Style 5 RIGHT OUT of my head.

Beautiful uke and nice score! Hoping the Style 3 eventually finds its way to you...

Congrats.

You're telling a bunch of enablers that your buying a vintage Martin 'ukulele is a bad thing? If you didn't THAT would be a BAD thing. ;)

Well, I can take that one off my watch list ;) Seriously, congrats.....nice uke!

Top Bottom