How would this sound?

bt93

Reaction score
I don't even know if this is possible but how would all wound classical guitar strings sound on a uke? Do they even make wound strings other than the low G (guitar D)?

Aren't the trebles nylon and the bass strings wound on classical guitar strings? I don't know about other manufacturers but D'Addario and Savarez are packaged this way.

I imagine that the tension would enable you to do an excellent impression of Robin Hood.

I don't even know if this is possible but how would all wound classical guitar strings sound on a uke? Do they even make wound strings other than the low G (guitar D)?

bt93, Guadalupe Custom Strings makes wound strings for ukueles in all sorts of colors.

Forgot about Guadalupe. I think the Mono and Fibrecore strings are available in colors and not the wounds. I'll double check . . .

I say try it. You don't have to go high tension on 'em, just tune it to the equivalent of the same note on the guitar at the fifth fret, e.g. an A string on a guitar would be tuned to D on a uke. Could be a nice alternate uke if you have another "everyday" one to string in a more tradition manner.

Guadalupe has nylon wound strings. Kala reds are nylon wound.

I mean to get the low sound from every string and not just a low G but rather low G, C, E, and A

Top Bottom