I'm so excited that I have to shout this out

byjimini

Reaction score
I went to Whitby Folk Festival over the weekend (sadly didn't book the entire week!) with the band that I'm, The Trollops, did a busking session on the Sunday and then on Monday it rained all day, so we just hopped into a pub. Didn't know what to expect, we just knew there was music and so sat down and played our own songs and some covers.

Noticed a woman by the bar who sang unaccompanied, in fact I stood right next to her and still didn't recognise her until I sat down opposite and heard her belt out a tune.

It's Mo from The Anything Goes Orchestra! I'm not sure on their fame status, but they did get featured on Ukehunt's UkeTube (which is famous enough for me!), and have the linked video downloaded onto my iPhone as I think it's bloody brilliant.

Anyway, when I was standing next to Mo she saw my uke and asked what make it was - classic signs of another uker, as they didn't say "what the hell is that? A tiny guitar?" but instead wanted to know what brand! Anyways we got talking and I plumped up the courage and asked her if she was on Youtube, and she confirmed it was her. She then said she'd started playing the uke and wanted me to play a song for her to sing - Jason MyRaz I'm Yours. I usually turn my nose up, and have done on several occasions, as I really don't like the song, but I was feeling kinda star-struck and gladly accepted! :D

So yeah, I played the song for Mo to sing, and got a lot of encouragement afterwards for it, so I'm absolutely chuffed and over the moon. It was certainly a privilege to play to such a fantastic and whole-hearted singer. There is a 30-second clip on my bandmate's phone of us two doing the song and I'll upload it to Youtube some time.

*bounces around the room once more*

Hey that's awesome!!!!! Very cool!!!!

Wow, very, very VERY cool!!!

Ossim! WOO! :D

Top Bottom