Uke Teachers on Oahu?

MrsMeyerMusic

Reaction score
My husband (MeyerUke) and I are working on a teacher creativity grant to go to Hawaii for 6 weeks next summer. He wants to take uke building at Hana Lima 'Ia, I want to take Hawaiian culture classes, and we both want to take uke lessons. Can anyone recommend a teacher who would be available during the summer in the area?

Also, I've looked at taking classes at the Unviersity of Hawaii but their summer session starts in May when I am still teaching. I would really like to take classes on anything related to Hawaiian culture: language, dancing, singing, etc. Where else would classes like these be offered?

Finally, we will need accomodations. Can anyone suggest a place we could rent for 6 weeks? We will be bringing our daughter with us who will be 14 months at the time.

Mahalo in advance for your help!

Does Bruce Shimabukuro still have an ukulele school? He used to.

Also -- Try vrbo.com (I think that's it) for housing. It's vacation rentals by owner. We want to use them for a trip to NYC as the rates are about half the cost of a hotel in NYC. I'm sure there's stuff for Honolulu.

Also -- Try vrbo.com (I think that's it) for housing. It's vacation rentals by owner. We want to use them for a trip to NYC as the rates are about half the cost of a hotel in NYC. I'm sure there's stuff for Honolulu.

Yes use or go through VRBO.COM. I have used them many times even for a trip to Hawaii. Rates are usually much lower than a realtor> That way you can save the extra money for one of those "K" ukes!!!!!

I will check that site out!!

Yes use or go through VRBO.COM. I have used them many times even for a trip to Hawaii. Rates are usually much lower than a realtor> That way you can save the extra money for one of those "K" ukes!!!!!

Oh yes, we plan to purchase one of those "K" ukes! ;)

Top Bottom