1847 - my BTS entry #2

CountryMouse

Reaction score
This is my second entry for the BringTheSong.org challenge. It's about an Irish tenant farming family thrown off their land. I wrote it after DH and I watched the TV series, "The Hanging Gale".

CountryMouse

Aloha Country Mouse,
That was sweet, never seen The Hanging Gale...the song reminds me of the early settlers singing their hardships through life experiences.
I too and feel a hint melancholy and religion. Good job with the singing and the ukulele, something different,,enjoyed it very much..
Thanks for sharing, Keep strumming them strings...MM Stan....
BTW....Is that a new ukulele that you've got there...looks like a Mainland...nice!!

Last edited:
Very pretty! I have never heard this type music on Ukulele before , I like it... just the right amount of melancholy.
Steve

Thanks very much, Steve. :)

Aloha Country Mouse,
That was sweet, never seen The Hanging Gale...the song reminds me of the early settlers singing their hardships through life experiences.
I too and feel a hint melancholy and religion. Good job with the singing and the ukulele, something different,,enjoyed it very much..
Thanks for sharing, Keep strumming them strings...MM Stan....
BTW....Is that a new ukulele that you've got there...looks like a Mainland...nice!!

Stan: Thank you very much. :) Actually, that neck is from Mainland. That's my Enterline CBU that WhenDogsSing built and gave (gave!) to me last year. It's a soprano, but has Aquila low-G strings on, which definitely gives it a different sound.

CountryMouse

Well done CountryMouse!

Your new songs continue to capture the feeling and sound of the songs from long ago.

Well done CountryMouse!

Your new songs continue to capture the feeling and sound of the songs from long ago.

Thanks very much! I was going for an Irish sound, but I really didn't seem to capture that sound, to my ear anyway. I'm glad you liked it, though. :)

CountryMouse

Top Bottom