New Kanilea Custom Curly Walnut Concert Uke

shrink9

Reaction score
Ok, I know, I've got it bad--UAS, that is!!

Here are pics of my newest acquisition: a Kanilea Custom Curly Walnut Concert Uke. The pics are not exaggeration--this wood is f--king GORGEOUS! I have never seen anything like it. What's more, the sound of this uke is amazing.

All I can say is, if this instrument is typical of Kanilea, you all will want one!

tmpphpJTm3ZW.jpgtmpphpZVb08I.jpgtmpphp5VNzJg.jpgtmpphpeAumDT.jpg

You tease us with such tiny photos! Looks pretty awesome, but I want to see it bigger!
–Lori

Hi, Lori,

I am just learning how to upload here. I'll try again.

Attachments

• KANILEA CUSTOM CURLY WALNUT 4 STRING CONCERT UKULELE h.JPG
    KANILEA CUSTOM CURLY WALNUT 4 STRING CONCERT UKULELE h.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 165
  • KANILEA CUSTOM CURLY WALNUT 4 STRING CONCERT UKULELE f.JPG
    KANILEA CUSTOM CURLY WALNUT 4 STRING CONCERT UKULELE f.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 129
  • KANILEA CUSTOM CURLY WALNUT 4 STRING CONCERT UKULELE c.JPG
    KANILEA CUSTOM CURLY WALNUT 4 STRING CONCERT UKULELE c.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 176
  • KANILEA CUSTOM CURLY WALNUT 4 STRING CONCERT UKULELE d.JPG
    KANILEA CUSTOM CURLY WALNUT 4 STRING CONCERT UKULELE d.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 124
  • KANILEA CUSTOM CURLY WALNUT 4 STRING CONCERT UKULELE g.JPG
    KANILEA CUSTOM CURLY WALNUT 4 STRING CONCERT UKULELE g.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 112
That 'ukulele looks yummy like chocolate! :drool:

That's what I like about Joe Souza, he's not afraid to try something different.

That is beautiful! I'm interested to hear how the walnut sounds. Any chance of a sound clip?

Very nice! Joe and his crew make some beautiful looking and sweet sounding ukuleles!

OMG I thought my new kala koa looked awesome, I'm jealous, but then I'll bet yours cost a [few] more bens than mine. maybe if I can hipnotize my wife....

That is some really cool looking walnut. Enjoy!

I am going to work on recording a mp3 file so you all can hear it. I am surprised that it sounds as good as any of my koa ukes (except perhaps the Coolau CE-2)

That woodgrain looks fantastic. How does it compare to your other ukes? There must be a story behind this uke. Did you have them make it custom for you, and what made you choose walnut?

–Lori

Actually, Lori, I purchased it on ebay. It is a custom model so I don't know whether it was made for someone or not. It arrived brand new with all of the tags, etc. and sent from the maker. I am totally in love with this instrument. I have taken it to work with me every day since I got it. Everyone I show it to is amazed with the walnut appearance. I don't have any uke players at work so I can't get a more objective perspective on the tone; however, I hope to record something and post it on here by the end of the weekend.

Congrats!

Whew! And I thought my Kanile'a concert was a beauty! Still is, of course, but this grain and coloring are unique to my eye. Looking forward to your sound sample.

Congrats on getting a beauty!!! (what was the price????) How does it sound???

Top Bottom