PDA

View Full Version : Tendonitis

mmbaldwin
06-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Okay, so strumming per Aldrine's instructions has led to a little tendonitis flare up, and I was wondering if anyone else is having / has had the same problem? I tend to get some tendonitis in that arm anyway, thanks to typing and working in a coffee shop, so it may just be that I'm predisposed. Anyone have any suggestions?

h-drix
06-15-2008, 06:11 PM
1)see a doctor
2)see a doctor
3)see a doctor

anything we say can not be good at all when it comes to medical problems. (no offence to any ukulele playing doctors (lol almost typed doctor playing ukuleles)

DanTelles
06-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Well I got this from playing guitar and the best thing to do, like stated above, is go see a doctor. I took the hard way out and kept playing anyways. Well needless to say, it took a couple months just to heal. So it would be the wises decision to just see a doctor. :)

remy
06-17-2008, 06:55 AM
Ooh, are we listing uke injuries now! I quite nearly sliced half of my pointer finger off trying to learn how to do a "chunk" during Aldrine's You look wonderful tonight... Those videos are dangerous!

I hope your injury is getting better. That's pretty serious, man. Take it easy!

h-drix
06-17-2008, 06:58 AM
take tendonitis seriously, it can ruin a lot of things, i had a drum teacher how couldnt play anymore because it hurt to play any rhtyems for to long.

DanTelles
06-17-2008, 10:40 AM
take tendonitis seriously, it can ruin a lot of things, i had a drum teacher how couldnt play anymore because it hurt to play any rhtyems for to long. That is so true! My guitar playing hurts after the first few hours just because of it, you'll ruin your playing for life if you don't take it seriously!!!