"Song For Percy" - a uke original

AnnaUK

Reaction score
This song is about when you find your ONE TRUE LOVE :)

I wrote it on uke, but added bass and glockenspiel as I've got an unfortunate addiction to arranging:

(If you'd like the lyrics, click through to YT and they're in the info box.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1koqeEMP_wA

Best wishes,
Anna :)

Last edited:
G'Day Anna,
That's a nice song Anna, I loved it very much....nice I see you're multi-talented too...even making the video..
Thanks for sharing, can't wait for the next one...BTW- that's a nice double hole pineapple you have there,
what brand is it???? it looks like a custom.. always a pleasure..Cheers!! MM Stan....

Anna, you're my favorite person of the day.
Thank you for this song.

Percy was my grandfather's name and this song just hit me with a gigatic smile.

I hope you don't mind if I do a cover of it for my nephew, who's going through a really rough patch right now... way too rough for a 9 year old... and change it to "Percy was you great grandpa".

Thanks guys :)

Stan - the uke is a concert sized pineapple made by Thomas Macomson, an American luthier. There are photos of it in one of my albums on here. He made a handful and sold them through the Marketplace here, but I recently heard he's stopped production for the time being. It's a wonderful instrument.
Photos: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/album.php?albumid=494

UncleElvis - of course you can cover it - I'm sure you'll work it all out, but if you want the chordsheet, just PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Thank you for all the positive vibes :D

Thanks guys :)

Stan - the uke is a concert sized pineapple made by Thomas Macomson, an American luthier. There are photos of it in one of my albums on here. He made a handful and sold them through the Marketplace here, but I recently heard he's stopped production for the time being. It's a wonderful instrument.
Photos: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/album.php?albumid=494

UncleElvis - of course you can cover it - I'm sure you'll work it all out, but if you want the chordsheet, just PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Thank you for all the positive vibes :D

Aloha Anna,
I wonder if they are made here in Hawaii??Man, You are going to make Ahnko Honu so jealous
as you know he's a big pineapple fan, I know he has alot of them...thanks for sharing the
photo's , I appriciate it very much..I was drooling too when I that pineapple,...even more
when I noticed the second hole...BTW- nice job on the song....can't wait for the next one..
MM Stan "Keep strumming them strings"......Ukuleles are foreva's!!!! Uke On!!

Great song, Anna! Great tune and lyrics, and the glock in this one added just the right touch of lightness. I always like your videos. (I just sent a link to your Marmite tribute song to some Brisith friends who love Marmite, and I posted "Sultans of Swing" on my Facebook page today as my "Ukulele Video of the Day.")

The photos of your pineapple concert uke are great, but I also liked your video "show and tell" ....

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sheepstar15#p/u/19/HKYCbdCwBJ4

Last edited:
Wow, I could listen to you all day long. What an incredible talent!
Thank you so much for the music.

WOW What an awesome tribute to Percy your very special friend, that was great! ;)
Thanks for sharing that. :)

Thanks guys

Thanks, chaps, for all the nice comments. I'm glad people like my song. I have such a problem actually writing. It might be another year until the next one...

MM Stan - Thomas was living in Italy when he built my uke. It was great because I could get it sent to the UK without paying import duty / customs as it was within the EU. It's a beautiful and lovely sounding uke, which is much better in real life. The recordings don't do it justice. I'm a very lucky Smurf to have it :)

Mahalos for the kindness,
Anna

Anna, very nice, indeed! I don't know which I'd value more....being able to play multiple instruments, being able to write and arrange a song, or being so lucky as to have someone write such a nice song about me (lucky Percy!)....

Really cool song. I enjoyed the vibe it gave off. Very upbeat.

Top Bottom