Kids and Ukes

thistle3585

Reaction score
My son attends a local Signature Academy that is operated by the public school system. I have agreed to volunteer to teach a Ukulele Building class to 5th and 6th graders as part of their "Passions Program." The Passions Program is a six week class where a volunteer teaches a class of 15-20 students about something that they are passionate about in their life. Classes have included architecture, cooking, literature and sports. I would like to share my passion of instrument building and I think the best way to do that would be through the use of a ukulele kit. As you can imagine, public schools have a pretty limited budget and parents are continuing to be asked to help offset budget shortfalls by more fees and requests for school supplies. I am appealing to all those musicians out there to help me to raise $400 in order to buy the necessary kits and supplies to introduce 20 kids to instrument building and music. Any contributions above and beyond the initial $400 will be used towards the spring class. Any amount is greatly appreciated. There is a link to a donation form at the bottom of my home page at www.crossroadswood.com or you may send paypal donations to andrew(at)auinc.com. There is also a link to the school at my site.

As an added benefit, all contributors will be entered into a drawing for a custom ukulele built by myself. The drawing will be held at the conclusion of the class in November. The winner will be contacted via email and posted on my website.

Thanks for your support.
Andrew

Dang, I want to be a kid now. I like this idea and will send a donation. It might be in a few weeks as I went on a uke buying spree.

Top Bottom