New Ebay uke

Barry Sholder

Reaction score
i just received a saprano uke that I won on Ebay. The guy said was a 50's maybe. It has a very cool decal going across the front underneath the sound hole in gold and black script saying Hawiian Ukulele. The body is what appears to be flamed mahogany. The frets are brass. Does anyone know anything about this. Right now I'm trying to remove the nut on the saddle that was broken. The nut is wood also.

I have one just like it. I think I was first bidder on that uke. It's a great uke. I thought it was koa laminate but what ever it is it sounds great and doesnt mind changes in humidity. I lowered the action at the nut and it made a BIG difference in intonation. I put Grover tuners on mine and a set of Aquilas and its a great uke. It's the uke I play most of the time because it hangs on the wall next to my computer and the more expensive ukes sit in their climate controlled cases. Anyway, I think you got a great deal and if it's anything like mine you'll be very happy with it. By the way....it's the first uke I bought.

Top Bottom