Which Uke should I get?

diceksox1809

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Im about to buy my first Uke as stated in my other thread, and Ive decided Im going to get a Makala Soprano Uke.

I can either buy them off ebay from MGM (MusicGuyMic), or I can buy it elsewhere like from SamAsh. If I were to buy one from MGM it would be $51 with shipping, but if I were to buy it from SamAsh it would be only 32 bucks with shipping. Thats a $19 dollar difference. Thats big for me as Im a teenager and I am still buying lots of guitar equipment.

So I ask - Should I spend the extra 19 bucks and get it from MGM and get the Aquila strings and setup, or should I just order one from SamAsh?

Also, Im going to be getting a 10 dollar wall hanger for it as well, so keeping price down is really a priority.

Thanks guys!

Buy From MGM ,,,,, The only store around me that carries Aquila, charges 10 bucks for a set . So theres 10 of the 19,,, plus MGM will, Im sure make sure the setup is decently playable. You can sometime waste money, trying to save a couple of bucks. Go MGM and get it right from the start, one less worry
Steve

I have not bought anything from MGM but have heard a lot of good things about him. I have bought a couple of Makala Dolphins from Cecilias Music and they were fine. I have bought a number of things from Elderly Instruments over the years and have always been satisfied with their service and the quality of their products. They also carry Makala but you have to use the search on their site as they don't list them as a brand they carry.

I don't have any experience with Sam Ash but my wife says she was satisfied with everything she bought from them in the past, when she taught music classes for kids.

Hello everyone!

Im about to buy my first Uke as stated in my other thread, and Ive decided Im going to get a Makala Soprano Uke.

I can either buy them off ebay from MGM (MusicGuyMic), or I can buy it elsewhere like from SamAsh. If I were to buy one from MGM it would be $51 with shipping, but if I were to buy it from SamAsh it would be only 32 bucks with shipping. Thats a $19 dollar difference. Thats big for me as Im a teenager and I am still buying lots of guitar equipment.

So I ask - Should I spend the extra 19 bucks and get it from MGM and get the Aquila strings and setup, or should I just order one from SamAsh?

Also, Im going to be getting a 10 dollar wall hanger for it as well, so keeping price down is really a priority.

Thanks guys!

i would go with MGM enjoy your uke .:)

Not only does MGM does good set-ups and Aquilla's, He sends them out quickly and you receive them in less than 5 days(I heard another post 3 days).
Also he stands behind his products with an awesome reputation....Now isn't that worth the ten bucks...if not alot more...MM Stan..
BTW- don't forget to get the Digital clip on chromatic tuner, it's a must have and will make life a lot easier on tuning....If I had to choose
between a wall hanger or Digital clip on chromatic tuner, that would be a no brainer.....Good Luck!! MM Stan....

I'd certainly go with MGM to get the Aqulia's and the set-up, not to mention the customer service. MGM is also a member here (is Sam Ash?). I'd second the motion about the digital tuner....I'd consider it a "must have" item; much more so than a wall hanger.

Save the $10 from the wall hanger. Put a small nail in the wall, and hang the uke from a loop of string around the tuning pegs. Cost? A nail and a string....

I have the Kala tuner that MGM sold me with my tenor. Works just fine for me. I think the new ones have metronomes built in them.

Top Bottom