Chordmaster.org - Updates

wromble

Reaction score
Love the design and colour scheme of your site, good work (those Chord Master®s are lovely objects, too - I love the plastic-y look of them)!

Love the design and colour scheme of your site, good work (those Chord Master®s are lovely objects, too - I love the plastic-y look of them)!

I agree....very nice site!! Thanks for sharing with us!

I think I have a new favorite website. Literally tons o' fun!

Thank you a lot Cletus! (and thanks for your little word in the guestbook)

I'll try* to update it once or twice a month, but surely it will depend on what I can find, and what plastukers send me !

(* it is rather young : I launched it in july)

Isn't UKISOCIETY a big fan of the plastics?

(Oops, I see that you have already connected.)

I haven't found my plastic uke yet.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Yes, Ukisociety is a pionneer !

If you look for the quality, choose an Islander.
If it's just for fun : TV-Pal, then Fin-Der, Mauna Loa or Lisa (which are still playable)

Then Carnivals, Sparkle Plenty, etc. are surely more fun, with nice graphics

Very cool website! What a great collection of images! I'll have to spend more time there!

Perhaps you could add this photo to your wall of "Plastic celebrities." At least I think this is a plastic ukulele.

http://sharemyguitar.com/blog/the-beatles-guitar-heroes-12-%E2%80%93-john-lennon/

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thank you!

In fact I had this pic in my archives, but was not 100% sure it is a plastic uke (You know, like the picture of Marylin Monroe with a white painted Martin... But you are right, it surely is a plastic one in the hands of Lennon. I will add it in the next update.

Thanks!

Antoine

New Update

with :

- 2 new celebs (japanese)
- 1 new "vintage kid"
- 3 "You and your uke"
- 2 "covers and posters"
(new section)
- 13 new plastic ukes (some rarities)
- 20 new videos (I recommend specially the new one in "Xtreme playing" section)
- 2 new downloadable PDF booklets (Fin-Der and Carnival)

Not bad, huh ?

here it is : http://www.chordmaster.org/whatsnew.html

Last edited:
I won a plastic uke and chord thing in a cardboard case in a Holloween "dress up your uke" contest last year. It is suposed to be an Arthur Godfrey signature model. Funny thing is that I won 1st place and was expecting a laminate uke that i was going to give to my girlfriend at the time. But the second place winner was a teen and second place was supposed to get the antique. But I guess they figured an older guy could afford a new uke and would appreciate the antique more and so they switched prizes at the last minute. The look on that kids face when he opened the bag and pulled out the laminated uke was priceless. I too was surprised with my takings. But it is an interesting piece.

erniej

It's the Flamingo. Has the pitch pipe on the headstock. Says "Play like a pro without lessons". That is an astounding statement.

erniej

S6300428.jpg

Top Bottom