Oooops I have over done it.

deepeepee

Reaction score
Having not played my guitars for a good long while and when I did play it was generally for a half hour at the most, I recently started playing the Ukulele and have fallen in love with these wonderful little instruments. Like so many people I had always just thought of George Formby, old time music and basically thought of the Uke as a toy rather than a " serious " instrument ( I have used the quotations purely because I can never remain serious when playing the uke. They should be supplied on the National Health Service as a pick me up ) Anyway having been off work for a few weeks I have been playing for far too long and have developed a case of what appears to be tendonitis in my left index finger. Am going to have to have a couple of days off in order to ice the affected area and then ease back into the playing, fortunately I am sensible enough to recognise the symptoms early and stop, but they are sitting in the corner looking all forlorn, I can almost hear them calling out to me....Bugger

Last edited:
Is that your strumming hand (assuming you're right handed)? If so then you could just strum with a different finger/fingers for a bit while you recover.

See that's how distressed I am I meant my left index finger.My chording hand....Will correct that now.

That does make it difficult eh? You could try not using your index finger when making the chords. Its harder but it works (I just gave it a try) with most basic chords. However, if it is still a strain on your finger then by all means give it a break. I'm definitely not advocating that you hurt yourself. I'm just trying to help you through your time of distress.

some interesting suggestions, I was considering restringing one of my ukes to left handed and having a go on that, it would be fun trying to play left handed....a real challenge. I will just have to settle on finishing painting my current ukulele project and possibly starting my you tube channel. I have never done anything with the you tube space so I may use it to show the start of mu ukulele life and to ( hopefully ) monitor progress. A video blog / diary if you like.

Top Bottom