There's wanting a uke.. and there's WANTING a uke...!!!!

that uke is nice. according to the captions at the bottom, it's a mahogany back and sides and a red cedar top. all together, the uke cost about $150 to make (the build-your-own uke set he bought was about $23). from the looks of the background, this guy does several instruments like that.

as for ukes that i just repeatedly look at because i absolutely want would be moore bettah ukes. i visit the page on occasion to see if he has any new pics. when i can afford one, i'm definitely having him build one.

being the uke was only $150 total, i think he used a regular under-saddle pickup and painted on the humbuckers. would be awesome, though ;)

I figure my dream uke should be here in about 7 weeks. I'm getting a MB. That should take care of any UAS I may have or will have. I've seen the sound hole for it. I am in absolute heaven.

I figure my dream uke should be here in about 7 weeks. I'm getting a MB. That should take care of any UAS I may have or will have. I've seen the sound hole for it. I am in absolute heaven.

Wow! Now that, is niceee. Post some pictures when you have it? :p

My one 'ukulele to satisfy my pineapple addiction forever? Black Bear Pineapple sopranino!

f6a0353bf939238423b98bf96be1be63.jpg

Wow! Now that, is niceee. Post some pictures when you have it? :p

You won't be disappointed Sukie.

Of course I will post pictures. I can't even imagine what else he'll do for the inlay.

Matt -- I hear you. Delayed gratification is what I'm calling it. I'll play it until I wear it out. Isn't that what I've heard you say?

Aloha Ahnko,
Is he up in Washington State????
MM Stan...

http://www.blackbearukuleles.net/
"My name is Duane Heilman, and I am a luthier and owner of Black Bear Guitars and Ukuleles, a one man shop located in Yakima, Washington
If you have any questions or need additional information, you can contact me by email or by phone at (509) 965-4333"

My one 'ukulele to satisfy my pineapple addiction forever? Black Bear Pineapple sopranino!

f6a0353bf939238423b98bf96be1be63.jpg

That one would satisfy me....for sure!! (At least that is what I would tell my wife!!)

ha ha ha. Only 1?

I may have jumped the gun, just found this Pineapple he calls "The Mini Size" which is making me drewl on my keyboard.
d8c218872ab66f1bc94ff0ec3292f800.jpg

Mini Ukulele

This is the smallest functioning ukulele that I make. I call it a Mini size. It has a sweet high pitched sound and is fun to play. This one features two layers of rope bindings and many extras.

* Spruce top
* Koa back, sides, neck, fingerboard and bridge
* Multi-layered rope bindings for the top and fingerboard inlays
* Special modified boxwood friction tuners
* Bone nut and saddle
* 9 1/4" playing scale
* Lacquer finish

http://www.blackbearukuleles.net/detail.html?itemid=196

I may have jumped the gun, just found this Pineapple he calls "The Mini Size" which is making me drewl on my keyboard.

Mini Ukulele

This is the smallest functioning ukulele that I make. I call it a Mini size. It has a sweet high pitched sound and is fun to play. This one features two layers of rope bindings and many extras.

* Spruce top
* Bone nut and saddle
* 9 1/4" playing scale
* Lacquer finish

HA! I knew it. Just one. Nobody can have just one.

That is a BEAUTY!

My MB worked for me. I haven't baought a uke since I got that one about a year and a half ago.

I have lost a few on ebay, but no purchases.

LOL...keep telling yourself that THIS one will cure your UAS! Hehehehe...I've come to realise that more Ukes only create more UAS, but...I'm fine with that....reallly and truly....hehehehehehehheehehehehehehehehehehehhhhheeheeheeeeeehhehehe!

Mini Ukulele

* Spruce top
* Bone nut and saddle
* 9 1/4" playing scale
* Lacquer finish

Wow. Just wow.

Top Bottom