UAS assuaged - KoAloha!

Gmoney

Reaction score
Today, FedEx finally brought my KoAloha Pikake Soprano purchased from fellow UU'er "dentuke". WOW! What a great little instrument! To say is is beautiful is really understatement & to say it sounds great is like saying the sun is bright!

It is by far the lightest but loudest uke I own, and at the same time; the "purest" sounding.

I have several ukes I'm watching on eBay that will now probably go unnoticed as they go into other hands while I enjoy my new baby.

ALOHA & thank you to the gang at KoAloha for such a sweet treasure.

[Photos in original Marketplace post: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?33102-Koaloha-Pikake-soprano ]

Last edited:
Congrats.....now where are the pictures????? :D

congrats! i was looking at that one alot!

I'm so happy for you I had to go grab my KoAloha Concert and give it a few strums in your honor!!!!

WOOOHOO KoAloha!!!

Cheers,
Skottoman

Yup, I'm still sitting here at my computer playing it 25 minutes later. Couldn't put it down. HAhaha....

ENJOY!!
Cheers,
Skottoman

I played a KoAloha soprano last week when I was in Denver. I had actually played the same uke in April and wasn't all that impressed, but for some reason this time, I thought it sounded a lot better than I remembered from before. I liked it a lot, actually. I'm not sure I like the headstock design, or the laser-cut logo, but that's just me. I would be happy to have one, and I'm sure I would learn to love the headstock!
Congratulations!

Happy New Uke Day! KoAlohas are fabulous.

Today, FedEx finally brought my KoAloha Pikake Soprano purchased from fellow UU'er "dentuke". WOW! What a great little instrument! To say is is beautiful is really understatement & to say it sounds great is like saying the sun is bright!

It is by far the lightest but loudest uke I own, and at the same time; the "purest" sounding.

I have several ukes I'm watching on eBay that will now probably go unnoticed as they go into other hands while I enjoy my new baby.

ALOHA & thank you to the gang at KoAloha for such a sweet treasure.

[Photos in original Marketplace post: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?33102-Koaloha-Pikake-soprano ]

Glen so yours is a soprano? I remember trying to get you to play my koalohas at that first java jam you came to. You were scared to p;lay them. Now we are KoAloha brothers:)

I played a KoAloha soprano last week when I was in Denver. I had actually played the same uke in April and wasn't all that impressed, but for some reason this time, I thought it sounded a lot better than I remembered from before. I liked it a lot, actually. I'm not sure I like the headstock design, or the laser-cut logo, but that's just me. I would be happy to have one, and I'm sure I would learn to love the headstock!
Congratulations!

Did you make sure it was correctly tuned before you played it? I have a KoAloha soprano, and having it properly tuned is so critical. That it has friction tuners can it a challenge. However, if you keep a clip-on tuner handy, you will be able to truly appreciate how good those little KoAlohas sound. Sadly, it took me eight years before I took the time to correctly tune mine up. Since that was before I got my clip-on tuner, that took a very long time. However, once I got it right, the sound encouraged me to stick with the learning.

--Dave E.

Was literally moments from a Koaloha longneck soprano, then decided that poverty is good and opted for an MP. UAS has never affected me, but if it does some day, it's name will be Koaloha.

Glen so yours is a soprano? I remember trying to get you to play my koalohas at that first java jam you came to. You were scared to p;lay them. Now we are KoAloha brothers:)

Yep - a sweet little soprano. And... I think that I was timid about playing your KoAloha's at the time - especially the sacred Sceptre! The sound of this little uke is quite stunning.

Yep - a sweet little soprano. And... I think that I was timid about playing your KoAloha's at the time - especially the sacred Sceptre! The sound of this little uke is quite stunning.

I was scared to play my first K brand...I think you get over it when you realize if you drop it you'll probably die before they can bill you.

Top Bottom