-mahogany laminate body and top
-mahogany neck
-rosewood fretboard and bridge
-plastic nut and saddle
-friction tuner
-mahogany venneer
-16 frets

looks- average looking pineapple.

construction- its okay, the 1st day I got it I was wondering howcome the fretboard looked weird than my lanikai soprano. The rosewood looked so dark and weird, it doesn't look like the usual rosewood you would see in an instrument. If you look really close too on the top, also on the bottom, on the edges you will see the pencil lines from the instrument. So the negative of the instrument is in the construction but it is very durable. I had this for 2 years, never have a case for it, been through a lot of humidity, temp changes but still plays good, the funny part is I bough this uke when it 1st came out from seeing aldrines play it then completely forgot I had it cuz ive been buzy with others stuff just took it out this july.

sound/ volume- now this is the strong point of this uke. Its loud n resonates well for a soprano. There are times when I strum hard I can feel its back resonates in me. Now if you change the plastic nut and saddle to bone or tusq it will sound even better. In my ear it sounds mellow/deep. Its both good for strumming and fingerpicking especially with those extra frets.

Intonation- everytime I change strings I had to keep tuning it until the 3rd day which it start to stay in tune.

Sustain- it has a descent sustain, it has a better sustain than my cordoba.

playability- the action is medium. At first didn't like it but now I got used to it. The neck and fret length is ok can't say much about it.

Overall the kamoa pineapple ukulele is a descent starter to intermediate uke. Its loud strong sound certainly make up for its weakspot. It can be played anywhere due to its laminate sides, top and back which make it long lasting. So I really love this uke. Hope you guys like the review hehehe my 1st one don't really know what to say but I have a komoa spruce on the way might do a review of that too when it arrive anyways have a good day :D.

I have one of these, and it's the 'uke I play most often (likely all the time, but I practice/learn on my Risa using earbuds). I don't plan on "upgrading" until I wear it out. Great voice, accurate intonation & (in my case) nice low action. Frankly, it looks cheap - so cheap that one is always surprised by how nice it sounds and plays. I just want to play, and not be overly concerned about a valuable 'uke. This one is just my speed. YMMV.

jeff

Top Bottom