Ukulele Factory Seconds?

cletus

Reaction score
I've seen that Fleas and Kalas can be purchased as "second quality" ukuleles. Now I'm wondering if any other companies have similar programs. Any info is appreciated. Cheers!

Most companies offer seconds. I own a koaloha second and mainland second. I have owned a melee second as well. I can't tell a difference in the sound of my seconds vs top quality. When ever I am in market for a new uke I always ask if the have any facory seconds or used IKEA in.

You can buy KoAloha seconds direct in their factory. Take a tour, grab a "second" and away you go!
I picked up this "Second" Concert in 2009.
Cheers,
Skottoman

koaloha_13.jpg

You can buy KoAloha seconds direct in their factory. Take a tour, grab a "second" and away you go!
I picked up this "Second" Concert in 2009.
Cheers,
Skottoman

koaloha_13.jpg

I think that I have that ukes brother.

I've seen that Fleas and Kalas can be purchased as "second quality" ukuleles. Now I'm wondering if any other companies have similar programs. Any info is appreciated. Cheers!

where can i get a "second" flea?

I think you would have to call the company. Sometimes Mainlands show up on ebay as seconds.

If I ever get a K, it will be a second.

I bought all of my ukuleles as blemished/seconds.

My first ukulele, a KoAloha soprano, had a blemish on one side. I bought it from MGM at a slightly lower price. When I sold it I did point out the blemish and let the person know I bought it for a little less than normal. It always sounded and played great and the new owner loves it.

Both of my Keith Ogata ukuleles were sold as blemished/seconds. I bought my Kinohi without ever playing any of his ukuleles. The design really fascinated me and I am glad I took a chance. I can live with some cosmetic flaws; in this case a few knots.

My newest ukulele was bought as a second off of Keith’s website. It has some dark spots on the top. It did have a non-cosmetic problem with the neck and Keith fixed it and sent it back to me. Very impressed with his service, but then again he is not a true production house.

On the other hand, I have had first quality guitars that have had issues that I have had to live with because they were within factory tolerances or the manufacturer decided not to fix it.

John

If anyone happens to see any K brand seconds, shoot me a PM please? :)

Call them. I'm sure they'd be willing to help. It will be easier to find a second if you actively look rather then waiting around for one to surface.

Lexxy, Please us know how that works out for you.

Top Bottom