Black Orpheus aka Manha de Carnaval

That was really, really nice. :) I hear elements of Stairway of Heaven in the intro and wonder if that's where Zep got it. I mean, Jimmy Page was not above "borrowing" themes.

Anyway, Craig even said he hadn't written out the tab, so did you just learn it by ear from his version? If so, my hat's off to you.

For the rest of us, there's a version by chiefnoda on his site:

http://www.chiefnoda.com/ukulele/

Thanks for the comments!

Itsme, I tabbed out the song from Craig's Youtube video; I'll be sharing the tab. Right now I'm waiting for Mike to put it out on Ukudaily. In the meantime I can email it if you want.

No need to wait any longer. The tab, article and video are all posted here. Chris really had to wrestle with this one and I for one am glad he did. It is a wonderful version and it is great that Chris took the time to write the tab so more people can enjoy playing it too!

Yeah Baby! Yeah! Great job Chris... Not an easy arrangement to play, let alone figure out by ear!....:) :) :)

I mean, Jimmy Page was not above "borrowing" themes.

That descending bass line in a minor chord is used in TONS of songs. Gershwin's, "Summer Time" for one. For an Am chord, finger it 2,4,5,3. Then walk the root note (A) down in half steps: 2,4,5,3 - 2,4,4,3 - 2,4, 3, 3, - 2, 4, 2, 3 -- then back up. With the low G (or even high I guess), one can do the descending root on the g string: 2,1,0 -- then back up. You'll have to figure out the barring on the first example... It's tough to explain using finger numbers.

Have fun!

hey, great work, thanks for the tabs too.. I'll try to play it as soon as i get my ukulele.

Top Bottom