How does my new uke look?

Lexxy

Reaction score
44404_431622134274_593284274_4899104_151231_n.jpg

Comments?

Nice! Are those inlay stickers or real?

Hi Lexxy,

Great looking uke,
been thinking about getting a tenor kpk myself.
Paranoid of shipping, maybe next month when things cool down a bit.

Best of luck with it and keep us updated as is matures.

Cheers.

Awesome job Lexxy, for a second I thought it was a Kala Acacia with factory inlay. Ya done good. ;)

great ukulele, I have a tenor. I felt good knowing right away it was a kpk soprano. However, the stickers, did confuse me, because I had come to the conclusion that kpk's don't have inlays.

If you have another ukulele. Do you find the strings are further apart from each other, to that, of something like a Lanikai? the G, and A, strings are pretty close to the edges as well. It took me a while to get used to. HA, at first, I didn't even like the sound, too used to Lanikai.

great none the less :) good job.

It's a concert :) Yea KPK didn't have inlays. Decided to add some fanciness into it :D

I only have this, and a Mahalo Soprano, so I can't really compare it :(

ha ha ha, sorry. I meant to say concert. Almost bougt a concert instead of tenor. Would have cried ! Ahhh... hmm, I don't think I have got an answer to compare the size of a kpk to other ukes. They seem bigger fretted? to put it easily.

haha, vids Lexxxxx. Besides, where did you get it? You live in Vic!

It's aiight :) Bigger fretted as in.. The size of the frets? I was planning to get a tenor soon, but then..I might just stick with the KPK :) Or get a tenor at the end of the year.

I won it from the KPK giveaway contest :) Valerie was kind enough to give it to me.

oh really? GRATS ! can't keep up with UU these days. Working my ass off to buy a Kanilea !!

well, both... the distance of each fret. So, it's easier to put to fingers on the one fret. And height, i.e - strings further apart from each other

Thanks :) A Kanile'a? From where and which model? (Man i sure wish i had the funds to grab one of those, possibly in the future...Awaiting UAS to hit me)

Well the distance between the frets are relatively normal. Strings..Are quite regular as well. Don't see any irregularities.

you need to have a lanikai lu-21t and a kpk tenor. There is such a difference, feels like a different instrument.

Kanilea k1T with a pickup. Getting it from hawaiimusicsupply. Going to cost me around $1000.

I see..After playing with the KPK for a month or so, the Kala archtop Tenor in the local store..It's fretboard feels alot thinner. Maybe just me? Or is it that the fretboard of the KPK IS wider?

Top Bottom