My uke debut at the South Florida Ukulele Festival, with Luna Jade

Thumper

Reaction score
Yesterday we had a blast at the South Florida Ukulele Festival in Fort Lauderdale. Our meetup group played a bunch of songs, and then I played a few songs with my partner Luna Jade.

Here's our "emotional farewell" piece - enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pROCRaR4Wa8

Although I've earned a living as a drummer for many years, this was my first time onstage playing ukulele. Looking forward to the next time!

Last edited:
Thanks, Rzr!

I forgot to mention that I was sporting my sawed-off UU t-shirt at the event! Proud to represent!

I caught you're whole set. Very nice!

- Steve

Thanks, Steve - your set was terrific, as was your seminar on Tin Pan Alley ukulele.

And it was extremely cool of you to sit in with our meetup group - thanks again!

That was great and looked like you were having fun. What is the blue ukulele Luna Jade is playing? Mike

Thanks - yeah, we had a blast. Luna is playing (appropriately) a Luna Dolphin Ukulele. It's a gorgeous instrument, and sounds great through an amplifier or PA system, with its built-in EQ.

Awesome! Congrats on your first (Successfull) live performance with your Uke. I've been an amature drummer for many years, and am working up the courage to get up there in front to sing and play. Thanks for the great example and encouragement!
DAP

Cool. Sounded great, and Luna's got an impressive voice!

Woooooooo whooooo !! Palmbeach ukulele network awesome job
I was there it was a awesome event I attended the beginers class with Keoni that was fun too

Top Bottom