FS: Two Ukes - Kala Travel Soprano and Waverly Street Travel Soprano

provines

Reaction score
Kala is sold. Waverley is now on Ebay and will sell. You can lock this thread now. Thanks.

I have two travel ukes for sale. The first is a standard Kala Travel Soprano uke that looks great and sounds o.k. It is fine for a travel uke but I wouldn't record with it as the intonation is not perfect. Don't get me wrong, it is o.k. for a travel uke. What you may notice is that I added a pickup to this model. I was going to build a cigar box uke but never got around to it so I put it in this one instead. It works fine. $110.00 shipped CONUS. Oh, it comes with that cool Kala fitted case.

The second is one of Dave's babies. #41. http://www.wsukes.com/41/u41.html
It has a small split in the back, about an inch long but it is so slight that you can't even see it. See the photo. You can feel it if you run your finger over it. Dave said to put some wood glue in it and that's what I've done. It appears stable. $120 shipped. CONUS. No case.

Either PM me here or email me at dprovines@provines.net
Sorry, the photos are a bit jumbled together. The Kala has the pickup. The WS doesn't have a pickup in it.

IMG_1473.jpgIMG_1471.jpgIMG_1472.jpgIMG_1478.jpgIMG_1476.jpg

Not much else to say.

Last edited:
David,
I would have been all over that Kala, but I just bought a concert Kala Travel uke off eBay last week. I like it so much, I think I may end up selling my new Mainland Mango Concert. That Waverly is pretty tempting too, but I bet it would be a bit too soft-spoken for my liking, plus I prefer a more traditional shape. All that said, if the price comes down a bit, I may not be able to help myself.

The Waverly is very quiet. Dave built it for personal practice. The intonation is great. I'd be happy to make a Subway run and show it to you this week.

Subway run sounds great, but I won't have time as I am headed to Memphis in the wee hours of the morning on Thursday on play in the Southern National Disc Golf Championships and have way to much to finish before I go. If they are still around (doubt it), I will catch you after Labor Day.

First and only bump. I've placed the Kala on Ebay starting at .01. We'll see what the market value for this uke really is....

Last edited:
Top Bottom