Neon Moon (cover)

Russ, Awesome!!! I love Brooks and Dunn! Do you think you can do Boot Scoot Boogie next? LOL! Good to know there's another country song lover on here. I'm waiting for someone to do Stay by Sugarland on ukulele. There's not much music, but the singing is off the hook. What's some other country music that you like? I've got a huge list.

Russ, Awesome!!! I love Brooks and Dunn! Do you think you can do Boot Scoot Boogie next? LOL! Good to know there's another country song lover on here. I'm waiting for someone to do Stay by Sugarland on ukulele. There's not much music, but the singing is off the hook. What's some other country music that you like? I've got a huge list.

Hell yeah! Russ can you do George Strait - I Cross My Heart...?

hey where did that come from?

thanks Frank! as for country faves, the list is quite long. just checked and my itunes liberry is (9.38 GB) country. man if somebody did an uke cover of Stay, 25% as good as Jennifer Nettles, i would totally crap my pants. that is such a heart-wrenching song. any takers out there in UU land?

I just love watching your video's and I'm not familiar with this song but I think you did a great country feel with the ukulele and melody.

That puppy dog is just gorgeous and are those monkeys hanging on the lamp :)

Great job on a good song. :)

I hear a high pitched noise in the background.. is it just me?

thanks so much guys! i appreciate all the feedback. and stdacct, that high pitched noise should only be audible by dogs and rockstars. good for you bro!:D

That was great Russell! I don't know the song, but liked it from the first listen. I had a crappy day at work today, so to come home and watch this totally made my day - thank you :)

And your dog doesn't even need to do anything to look cute! He's gorgeous just lying there. What's his (or her?) name by the way? I feel weird always calling him "your dog".

That was great Russell! I don't know the song, but liked it from the first listen. I had a crappy day at work today, so to come home and watch this totally made my day - thank you :)

And your dog doesn't even need to do anything to look cute! He's gorgeous just lying there. What's his (or her?) name by the way? I feel weird always calling him "your dog".

thanks Michelle! the weird thing is that country music somehow made it over to Australia. any idea how that happened? anyway, i have a bunch of Keith Urban and Kasey Chambers albums. are there any other Australian country acts you can recommend?

the dog's name is Corser. you can follow his adventures at www.corserdog.com

cheers!

thanks Michelle! the weird thing is that country music somehow made it over to Australia. any idea how that happened? anyway, i have a bunch of Keith Urban and Kasey Chambers albums. are there any other Australian country acts you can recommend?

cheers!

Russ, I got a Keith Urban request. Can you do Tonight I Wanna Cry? That's another good one.

cheers!

Hey Russell! What a cool website you've made for Corser! They are the cutest photos of him! He's got a very expressive face.

As for country music in Australia - it's been popular here for as long as I can remember. I remember when I was a very young child my mum listening to a country music station. And now we've got the Country Music channel on Cable TV, and the Tamworth Country Music festival has been going for years (as well as a lot of folk festivals that country music artists go to as well).

Definitely some Australian country music artists you've got to hear. I made you a "mixed tape" of some of them, but now I have to work out how to get it to you seeing it's 94mb. I can probably put it up on our server at work for a short while, but is 94mb too big for you to download?

Other than what you've heard already, Catherine Britt, Sara Storer, The Audreys and Natalie Howard are all quite popular country music artists here (and others as well that I've heard of, but haven't actually heard).

My other favourites, which have a bit of a country flavour to them, but more folk I guess, are The Waifs, Bluehouse, and Women in Docs. (I think The Waifs, and definitely Bluehouse, have toured in the US).

Definitely some Australian country music artists you've got to hear. I made you a "mixed tape" of some of them, but now I have to work out how to get it to you seeing it's 94mb. I can probably put it up on our server at work for a short while, but is 94mb too big for you to download?

wow, thanks so much for all the recommendations. that should keep my ears busy for a while!:) you rock for making me a mix tape. 94mb should be no problem as i download big stuff all the time. thanks so much for that!

let me know if there is any music you want to check out and i'll try to return the favor.

cheers,russell

Top Bottom