Uuu

Regster

Reaction score
howd u like it? how many people here actually joined?

I presume he means Ukulele Underground University

yes ukulele underground university, I'm thinking about joining but wanted to hear from people who joined

So I took it, and liked it. Being a beginner with a little music knowledge (in bluegrass banjo), Aldrine did, what I felt was, a great job. I was in 101. Each week we had the online class and if you were watching live you could ask questions as you thought about them. If you couldn't watch live, you could watch the archives. There was homework. Usually, this consisted of having to video yourself doing something, either strum patterns or strum patterns with the chunk or fan, etc.. Each class built on the previous one. This was posted to youtube and then sending him the link so he knew where to look. Midterm was having to do a song he had taught in one of his online lessons. The final was doing any song that he hadn't done. There was theory involved with this as he went along.

Now there were some problems as you would expect in a new endeavour. The White Board that was used for the live lessons was very slow to transmit to Aldrine. This would cause a problem as when you thought about something and had it typed in, there was a chance he was past where you were at. Also, he had problems with his email so getting answers to questions in a timely fashion could have been better. I still didn't get an critique on my final and no answers to 2 emails after it asking if he had gotten the link. So goes life with something new.

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. The best $150 I had spent in a long time. To give you an idea about the value. I took lessons in bluegrass banjo, from a live instructor for 3 years. I wasn't able to play a single song after that. I didn't understand any theory either. We bounced all over the place. There was no structured learning. No building on each weeks content. I learned more from this 10 week class than I had from the entire time I had taken banjo. I am waiting for UUU to be offered again so I can do the 102 section. Hope this helps.

hey thanks man for all the info n congrats on graduating. Its still a 50/50 chance i'll join since I'm going to a new college so I'll be buzy weekdays and on weekends I plan to spend time with the wifey so I'm trying to see if I can fit some time for the uke. I already know the basic so if I do take uuu I'm going 102 but like I said still undecided.

Top Bottom