Just got a ukulele, need help!!!!!

pb4life8

Reaction score
Yeah so im a beginner with ukulele's but ive been playing guitars for a while now, and iam having trouble tuning this ukulele, i have korg Ga-30 guitar and bass tuner. just wanted to know how to tune it with that if anyone has any idea that would be amazing, just wanted to say thnak you in advance..I have also posted a picture on how my tuner looks

korg_ga30.jpg

You could use it to tune the e-string (that's an E4, just like the bottom string on a guitar) and the c-string (play it on the fourth fret and tune it to an E4) and then tune the g (= 3rd fret on the e-string) and a-strings (= 2nd fret on the g-string) by ear. I have never done this though so it might not be the best option.
You could also go out and get a chromatic tuner, which will be more comfortable in the long run.

Aloha PB4life8,
If you just a beginner, I'd say the easiest thing to do is buy a...(ask for this way)Digital clip on Chromatic tuner....
They're are more accurate than your tuner since it tunes using the vibrations form the neck, not like this one that
goes by ambient sound....With the digital you don't need a quiet place to tune as this one. Much faster and deadly
accutate. Mine is a Cherub WST-550C google it and find out.
BTW- I have this same tuner, after I got my digital...never picked it up again....It's prehistoric man!!!
I hope this helps....Good Luck!! MM Stan...
P.S. Sorry for the bad news!!!

i have the exact same tuner and what i do is i use the bass mode to tune my uke. it works just fine for me and i like it better than my uke tuner.

Aloha PB4life8,
I'd say the easiest thing to do is buy a...(ask for this way)Digital clip on Chromatic tuner....
They're are more accurate than your tuner since it tunes using the vibrations from the neck
Agree with Stan... a uke tuner is worth the $15-20 investment. You're gonna want one in the long run as it fits the uke case mo' better too. :)

If you have a guitar nearby, you can get in the right range by tuning it to the 5th fret for strings 1-3. Then get the re-entrant G string (4th string) by tuning the ukulele to itself using the second string, 3rd fret.
Another tuning clue, the open 3rd string is middle C. Middle C on the guitar is 2nd string, 1st fret.
Hope that helps!
–Lori

Thank you everyone for your help, got my uke tuned, can you guys recommend some sites tabs chords, and maybe some online lessons for begginers, thanks for the help guys.......

Here are some links to my FREE songbook and boot camp instructions.

Please feel free to enjoy them and pass them along if you find others interested.

Keep uke'in',

Top Bottom