Resonator vid

Enjoyed the humor in your video... the Recording King sounds very nice. I'd like to eventually add a resonator uke to my growing uke-arsenal. Thanks for sharing some background of the resonator functions. :):cool:

Thanks for the vid,, Ive been wanting one of those for a while, Im thinking it has blues written all over it.
Steve

That's been on my Bucket List, too... Wicked cool with a slide! Use your favorite slack key with a low G and let it flow free, Zombi ;>

Aloha Retrozombi,
That was one fun and informative video, you did a great job, a balance of humor and information...
Thanks for sharing!! Enjoyed it very much....How much did you pay the cat???he he MM Stan..

I am so glad to see this as my friend just bought one of these and there is so little out there on them. It sounds really good. By the way, Recording King is an American importer who have its instruments made in China, so I don't know if it can be referred to as a Chinese company (Chinese made for an American Company). The reason I make this point is the RK is known for high quality design and set-up. I owned one of their banjos and although it cost very little (I have since sold it and am sorry I did), it was one of the playing banjos I have ever played, and I have played many high quality banjos. In other words, I have complete faith in the design and setup of the RK products and think you can wholly endorse them even if they were twice the price. Thanks again, Mike

Good point! That's a significant distinction, and I'll post a clarification about that. I love the soprano resonator, and I'm saving up for their mandolin. :)

Thanks, all! Wyeth and I had a lot of fun (sometimes at the same time) putting this together.

There's a 'ukulele you can leave in your car during summer. ;) How's the intonation and action right out of the box?
Remind camera hog Wyeth that the preferred material for making 'ukulele string in days past was cat-gut. ;D

I was a little worried because the strings are higher off the fretboard as they approach the body, but the sound's true out to an octave (the furthest I usually play on a soprano). I played it in the store, and it was a thing of beauty. I don't know if they did any set up there or not...

I forget what the original strings were, but they weren't bad. I swapped 'em out immediately though for Aquila nylguts, to make it even punchier. :)

Top Bottom