Banjo uke strings

kenikas

Reaction score
I was perusing eBay last night looking for strings for the banjo ukes I'm repairing and noticed Aquila makes a set especially for banjo ukes. Does anyone know what the difference is from regular soprano strings? Has anyone tried them and if so how do they compare? Any other recommendations would also be appreciated.

i don't know specifically on the banjo uke. but, i do have Aquila strings on my banjo. they seem to be a stiffer harder string than the standard ukulele strings. possibly to give it the bright twangy sound of a banjo.

I was wondering about banjo uke strings today. Do I use ukulele strings or banjo strings if I cant get banjo uke strings.

Attachments

• HPIM1006.jpg
    HPIM1006.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM1007.jpg
    HPIM1007.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
  • HPIM1005.jpg
    HPIM1005.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1
  • ukulele2.jpg
    ukulele2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1
  • ukulele1.jpg
    ukulele1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 2
I use Aquila banjolele strings - they are stiffer (i think) - and sound great

Amen to all, I put a set of Aquila Banjolele strings on my La Pacifica and they sounded great. The C string is wound but besides that no real difference to regular Nylgut set.

I was wondering about banjo uke strings today. Do I use ukulele strings or banjo strings if I cant get banjo uke strings.
I'm not sure but I think regular banjo strings are steel and would probably have to much tension for a banjo uke. I think I'd go with regular uke strings if you can't get banjo uke strings. I did see the Aquila's in MGM's, and Dr Cluck's eBay stores. By the way, one of the ukes I'm restoring looks to be the twin of the pic's you posted.

Thanks to all for your responces, I have ordered some of the Aquila banjo uke sets.

Hey Guys very appropriate thread as I was about to post something along these lines myself........I'm getting ready to restring my banjo uke and was planning on the Aquila's.......sounds like they're the deal

I have strings from South Coast ukes on my Morgan Monroe. Sounds great!

Top Bottom