Okay...So I think I need a Head Shrink!

AcousticMonster

Reaction score
Do we have any resident psychologist/psychiatrist here at the UU? I think I'm finally cracking up! I found an old 80's cartoon series (including the commercials) on YouTube tonight. After watch just a half an episode I found myself getting depressed.

Is it bad if the highlight of my life is being a kid, sitting in front of the TV watching awesome 80's cartoons? I feel like one of the nut-balls who got depressed after watching the Avatar movie and wished it was real. :uhoh:

S.O.S.

Is it bad if the highlight of my life is being a kid, sitting in front of the TV watching awesome 80's cartoons?

Nah... I think it's just proof that they made cartoons better in the 80's, not like the rubbish that kids watch these days. I've been watching some G1 Transformers lately, and while some of the animation has aged horribly, and now with adult retrospect there are some things that just don't make logical/practical sense, the underlying good vs evil story overcomes that.

I've also just finished watching the Mysterious Cities of Gold, which apparently they're working on a movie and some new seasons for, so I can't wait for that. And I'm looking forward to working my way through some Voltron.

On the other hand, you could watch 5 minutes of the Disney Channel and think "ugh... this is brainwashing the next generation into what? Shallow, petty, consumeristic numbskulls?" Now that's depressing. Hannah Montana will do more societal damage than violent video games ever will. :eek:ld:

Nah... I think it's just proof that they made cartoons better in the 80's, not like the rubbish that kids watch these days. I've been watching some G1 Transformers lately, and while some of the animation has aged horribly, and now with adult retrospect there are some things that just don't make logical/practical sense, the underlying good vs evil story overcomes that.

I've also just finished watching the Mysterious Cities of Gold, which apparently they're working on a movie and some new seasons for, so I can't wait for that. And I'm looking forward to working my way through some Voltron.

On the other hand, you could watch 5 minutes of the Disney Channel and think "ugh... this is brainwashing the next generation into what? Shallow, petty, consumeristic numbskulls?" Now that's depressing. Hannah Montana will do more societal damage than violent video games ever will. :eek:ld:

The funny thing is I use to be a huge anime fan, but now it seems most cartoons are drawn in the anime style. It really killed it for me. I can't even watch anime any more.

I've been watching a lot more old cartoons lately: the tick, kidd video, real ghostbusters, and my personal all time favorite Thundarr the Barbarian. I loved Transformers and GI Joe when they came out, but for me they didn't age well.

I like all the old anime from the 80's like Voltron...but I liked Vehicle Voltron over the other two Voltron series. Another great one was the original English adaptation of G-Force (or Gatcha Man). That was some fine watching.

Yeah, most kid oriented cartoons today are just sh#t. The only one I really like is Spongebob...but I think that is written more for adults. I think Disney and Nickelodeon stuff is garbage too...accept I can't seem to get enough of iCarly. Anyways...I really miss getting up on Saturday mornings and vegging out in front of the TV.

Last edited:
I liked G-Force a lot when I was younger, and Speed Racer when I was A LOT younger, but outside of SpongeBob nothing made these days can hold me. I grew up watching Loony Tunes on Saturday mornings. I bought the Golden Collection DVDs, and now my wife and I watch our own cartoons on Saturday mornings. Life is Good!

Top Bottom