Flea or Martin S-O

SinisterDom

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am fairly new to Ukulele (a month, maybe two) and am looking for a nice, good looking and good playing uke. I would LOVE to have an Uke like this

http://ukuleleworld.com/product.php?productid=501&cat=2&bestseller

But, it's a little to pricey for my current budget. However, if anyone has a Martin for a little less I am interested. I would also like a Flea for perhaps a little less than retail if anyone has a slightly used one or needs a little money I am definitely interested!

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to Ukulele (a month, maybe two) and am looking for a nice, good looking and good playing uke. I would LOVE to have an Uke like this

http://ukuleleworld.com/product.php?productid=501&cat=2&bestseller

But, it's a little to pricey for my current budget. However, if anyone has a Martin for a little less I am interested. I would also like a Flea for perhaps a little less than retail if anyone has a slightly used one or needs a little money I am definitely interested!

I own both so I can say with confidence to buy a Flea. The Martin's sound is good, but probably not worth the $300. If you want a true Martin, save up to buy a pre 1977 Martin. You can get an old Style 0 for $550 - $600. But, believe me, it will be worth it!!

yea you cant go wrong with a flea from what I hear.

Ive played martins before and I can tell you it wouldnt be worth 300 bones.

go with the flea.

If you like the Martin style, but don't want to fork out the money, just get an Ohana SK-25 or SK-35. You get an all-solid mahogany uke for less money but with heaps of tone and projection (see 14twelve's review - she also has a SK-35 and a Flea).

For a fun uke, that looks cool and sound great, you can't go wrong with a Flea!

If you like the Martin style, but don't want to fork out the money, just get an Ohana SK-25 or SK-35. You get an all-solid mahogany uke for less money but with heaps of tone and projection (see 14twelve's review - she also has a SK-35 and a Flea).

For a fun uke, that looks cool and sound great, you can't go wrong with a Flea!

Yes, I agree with Gaby - can't go past a Flea for a fun uke. It looks good, feels great in your hands, sounds great, and comes with a really cool case.

I like both the Ohana SK-35 and the Flea, but if I could only pick one, I'd definitely choose the Flea.

The review section of the website is here.

Have fun with whatever you decide on :)

Top Bottom