Suddenly there's alot more female ukes players

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
In the past year, it seems the percentage of female ukes players has risen dramatically.

Two years ago you could maybe list a dozen or so known female players, now if you check out new uke posts on Youtube, it looks nearly 50-50 guys to girls.

In the past year, it seems the percentage of female ukes players has risen dramatically.

Two years ago you could maybe list a dozen or so known female players, now if you check out new uke posts on Youtube, it looks nearly 50-50 guys to girls.
Girls Rule!

You say that as if it's a bad thing.... :)

Any ideas as to the percentage of female uke players that wear glasses?

Yes, I support G.I.G.A.P.U.S.

Well at my uke club, we're let's say 15 regular and on that number we're 4-5 guys and all the rest are girls!!

And there's a lot of new players and most of them are girls only....

We have five girls who play in our school uke orchestra. Two of them form the steadiest rythm section you will find and one of them sings and plays solo work. They can also make the boys behave with just a glare!

No complaints here. My favorite cephalopods are gigapus. ;)

I was looking for an opening to say this : Taimane Gardner is a awesome uke player and a really nice person too yes im a really big fan !!

More girls playing ukulele = more happiness

I've always been of the opinion that more females is a good thing!

I've always been of the opinion that more females is a good thing!

maybe that was the reason behind polygamy hahaha. sorry, couldn't help the insider utah joke.

personally, i haven't noticed a difference. since i started going to the local university club, the numbers have pretty much been 50/50. i guess we'll see when the club starts up again if that changes.

I've even noticed an uptick on the boards in new female signees. Just check out the New Member Introductions.

always known choke wahine players. i guess in the past two years, females finally got hip to the internet. lol

Our local uke group has more girls than guys. I'd say it's usually around 60/40 girls to guys....

Top Bottom