Amplifier problem

uharvey

Reaction score
Hi,

I am extremely new to this board and to the ukulele, so I am almost completely clueless about everything here, and I apologize in advance. I just bought my first ukulele from a vendor on eBay--a Stagg solid-body electric, so I can practice without annoying anyone.

I also got a Danelectro Honeytone mini-amp from Guitar Center. When I plug the ukulele into the amp with the cable that came with the ukulele, no sound comes out. Does anyone know why?

The battery in the amp is working--at least, the little red light comes on when I turn the amp on. When I plug headphones into the ukulele, I can hear the amplification through the headphones, so I'm assuming the battery in the ukulele is fine.

Could the cable be bad? Or the jack on either the ukulele or the amp? Or is the amp not compatible with the pickup on the ukulele? Or do I need to do something I haven't done yet?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

I'd try with another ukulele and or get a new cable...
Better yet, go to the music store and let them test it for you.....before you buy the cable..he he

Last edited:
I can get a new cable; unfortunately I'm not sure how to find another electric ukulele. None of the music shops near me have them.

So, my amp *should* work with the ukulele, then, assuming that all the jacks and cables are in working order?

Your Uke should be fine with almost any amp, I would always check cable first,they tend to be the weeklink. You could test the amp and cable by plugging an i pod or similar mp3 player into it to see if that works. Or you could try the uke through a computer if you have the right connector, if the sound gets in then the amp is defective. It's a process of elimination in these cases.

Play with the "O.Drive" knob on the Honeytone it is a gain adjustment.
Otherwise I would take your uke to the store and test out amps and cables.

Top Bottom