Hello Kitty Vox Uke

Anyone know anything detailed about this new Hello Kitty uke?
http://hellokittyminutiae.blogspot.com/2010/08/aloha.html

...and why is it limited edition and $850? ;_;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400149754496

I paint some Mahalos for fun; but, I'm not a good painter.

I was wondering about doing sticker designs onto a cheap uke based on a theme.

My original thoughts were Calvin and Hobbes or Hello Kitty. Calvin and Hobbes for me and Hello Kitty for 2 little girls of a friend who I know would go absolutely nuts on a hello kitty uke.

SO........ I'm glad you posted this. I didn't want to profess wanting to put Hello Kitty on a uke without proper approval.

$850 really not asking too much for a handmade solid wood limited edition 'ukulele. Allot of Japanese seem to like to collect things and have disposable incomes. I bet they sell out the the 400 pieces in no time flat, and they double in value.

Hello Kitty is global. THere is sooo much stuff sold with that theme.

I like that little pic of Kitty with the uke.

As a kitty fan, what base color is best for a kitty uke theme? I ask this because I want those girls to have maximum jaw drop and as a guy, I don't want to mistakenly put Hello Kitty on a Black ukulele.

$850 really not asking too much for a handmade solid wood limited edition 'ukulele. Allot of Japanese seem to like to collect things and have disposable incomes. I bet they sell out the the 400 pieces in no time flat, and they double in value.

Is it solid wood? What kind of wood is it made of? I haven't found any serious or detailed info about it... :)

Hello Kitty is global. THere is sooo much stuff sold with that theme.

I like that little pic of Kitty with the uke.

As a kitty fan, what base color is best for a kitty uke theme? I ask this because I want those girls to have maximum jaw drop and as a guy, I don't want to mistakenly put Hello Kitty on a Black ukulele.

I think it really can go any way, depending on how you paint her. I think the black Stratocaster Fender with Hello Kitty is pretty freaking sweet myself. ;)

Pink is the obvious choice, and will almost always get a Kitty fan's attention. I think an apple green uke, with the Hello Kitty holding a red apple would look awesome.

Until this moment, I had been unable to get Mrs. Taco (an avid collector of esoteric Hello Kitty ...stuff...) interested in ukulele.

...uh-oh...:uhoh:

I've thought about getting a pink Dolphin and putting some "Hello Kitty"stickers on it to see if my wife would play it. She is NUTS for H.K., even at 44 years old. She and her sister and a couple of friends hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon a few years ago. It was the "Team Hello Kitty Death March", and they had pink T-shirts with Hello Kitty with "X X"s for eyes. It was very funny. She has sewn a Hello Kitty patch onto a pink bike jersey, and has a Hello Kitty sticker on the rear fender of her (very nice) road bike. When we ride our tandem, she says "THKMU" which is code for "Team Hello Kitty, Mount Up!". She is insane.
I have to admit, though... it is a really freaking cute design, from a design standpoint. Some graphic artist was a GENIUS.

Hello Kitty? Pffft.
Go classic with Felix the Cat!
OCU03_front.jpg

Gasp! I hadn't noticed the Felix fret markers until now!

Aloha bunnyflower,

I'm not sure why the company chose to do a limited edition with this particular model and in all honesty it looks a bit funky with that kitty cutout soundhole. That being said, however, I played one of these ukes just the other week and the construction of the instrument is done very well (then again, anything made in Japan is meticulously crafted). The surprising thing was how good this uke played and sounded. I couldn't get over how well the uke projected and kept its sustain as well. The clarity was wonderful and the set up was perfect too. Intonation was on the mark as well.

best,
Shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

Anyone know anything detailed about this new Hello Kitty uke?
http://hellokittyminutiae.blogspot.com/2010/08/aloha.html

...and why is it limited edition and $850? ;_;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400149754496

I bought a pink dolphin from MGM and did this. Could not find large stickers so I cut her image out of a gift bag and glued it. I actually made two, one for me and my sister. The third pic is one I did with lettering sticker. It's the name of the band I'm in.

Attachments

• Photo 30.jpg
    Photo 30.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Photo 31.jpg
    Photo 31.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Photo 29.jpg
    Photo 29.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 38
<snip>I played one of these ukes just the other week... </snip>

Neeeeato! Are you located in Japan? How did you get the opportunity to play with one of these? Could you tell if it was solid wood, or have any idea what kind of wood it was? I am happy to hear that it sounds so nice. It'd be a shame if it was so pretty, and didn't sound pretty.

I bought a pink dolphin from MGM and did this. Could not find large stickers so I cut her image out of a gift bag and glued it. I actually made two, one for me and my sister. The third pic is one I did with lettering sticker. It's the name of the band I'm in.

I love it so much! Awesome idea with the gift bag.

Hmm, I know I have several HK bags in my closet... <evil plotting>

Top Bottom