Savarez String length--a warning

CTurner

Reaction score
Heads up for those of you contemplating trying out classical guitar strings: I got a set of Savarez strings to put on both my tenor and concert Kanile'as. I had read (and heard) that a set of strings would fit two concerts or a concert and a tenor. Don't believe the second part of that statement. Fitting a tenor first will not leave enough for a concert. :(

But, having said that, the set I bought (Savarez 541R, 542R, 543R and D'Addario wound NYL028W for low G) is already sounding really great on my K-2 before it has even settled in! I'm getting over my previous aversion to wound low-g (maybe!).

I got mine from Just Strings: fast shipping, good service.

I used a pro arte classical guitar D string on my Fender tenor and did not have enough left to do a concert but it will fit a soprano I think. I do like the sound on the Fender with the low G string. But one string costs about 3.50 USD so you can buy teo or three for sess than a whole set of low G strings. I bought the Aquila low G set and the low G didn't last but a month or two. Looking at it with a jewelers loup I saw they had rusted at the first and second fret.

Top Bottom