Mya Moe "Northwest Aloha Series" Tenor!

thejumpingflea

Reaction score
This is a bit overdue but my excitement is still here!!!

When I was down under in OZ land, read about it HERE, I was frantically looking at Gordan and Char of Mya Moe Ukuleles Twitter page in excitement for my uke to be done. Then one day, I saw this uploaded...

IMG_0793.png

WOW! Haha, and to think that the only thing that separated me from this uke was the entire Pacific ocean.... I had to PATIENTLY wait for a few WEEKS before returning home to the states, but when I did, I decided to road-trip out to White Salmon, WA to pick up the uke myself.

When I arrived at Gordon and Char's they immediately came out with my new instrument.... I was in love at first site! The wood is so unique and as soon as I began to play I knew that this uke was special.

I then went to the shop where Gordon got the action and setup just to my liking and was back on my way home. I had a friend go with me and made him drive so I could play the whole way home!

I had two gigs the day after picking it up and I used it in both performances. I just love this uke, it has a completely different feel and sound than my Moore Bettah. It is more responsive and has better clarity, but it doesn't hold it's tone as well when strummed hard and has a bit less body. I wouldn't say one uke is necessarily better than the other; they are just different tools for different jobs.

I certainly would give my highest recommendation to anyone looking into a Mya Moe uke. (Especially the Myrtle!) A friend of mine wanted to give it a go in a performance with me because he was thinking of buying one. The video can be seen HERE. It is an ukulele duet of BodySurfing.

Now I haven't had the time to do a proper video review.... look for that soon though! I am currently on a boat in Canada and forgot my microphone... D'oh! For now here are a couple photos I snapped.

DSC_0372.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Specifications and Mini review with more pictures!

Last edited:
Very nice Matt! Looking forward to the vid . . . and if ya wanna get rid of your MB, got dibs. lol

Very nice Matt! Looking forward to the vid . . . and if ya wanna get rid of your MB, got dibs. lol

I think the day the Moore Bettah leaves my possession is the day I can no longer hold an ukulele. ;)

It is beautiful.

Do you wanna sell it?? haha

Sure. I'll sell it. How does $1,000,000 sound? I'll pay for shipping. :D

Hey Mr. Flea,

I tried to send a pm. (No, not about me transferring $1,000,000). It says your pm limit is exceeded. You may want to clean up the inbox if you want that $1,000,000 transfer from somebody like Mr. Gates.

Hey, what is the sidewood on that ? It looks like the Movingue (satinwood) I just bought a Soprano with.

Hey Mr. Flea,

I tried to send a pm. (No, not about me transferring $1,000,000). It says your pm limit is exceeded. You may want to clean up the inbox if you want that $1,000,000 transfer from somebody like Mr. Gates.

Hey, what is the sidewood on that ? It looks like the Movingue (satinwood) I just bought a Soprano with.

It's all Myrtle. :)

thejumpingflea wrote:
I am currently on a boat in Canada and forgot my microphone... D'oh! For now here are a couple photos I snapped.

Hey Matt, where are you going in Canada? Are you coming down here in Montreal??!! Would be cool to get a jam with you if you drop by here!

thejumpingflea wrote:

Hey Matt, where are you going in Canada? Are you coming down here in Montreal??!! Would be cool to get a jam with you if you drop by here!

I am just up in the British Columbia Islands. I've been to Shawl Bay, Greenway Sound, Sullivan Bay, Lagoon Cove, Blind Channel, Octopus Islands, Refuge Cove and now I am in Nanaimo. Off to Victoria in a couple days!

Top Bottom