Choppy, Blocky video feed from viddler.com

E-Lo Roberts

Reaction score
Hey Rayan, E-Lo here. The chopped video problem still exists on my computer. Whatever video format viddler.com is feeding ukuleleunderground.com is not making my Windows XP, broadband connection happy at all. I have no problems on any other video site i.e. youtube, Aol, etc.. As I have pointed out on an eariler thread, audio is fine but the video's are choppy, blocky, and unwatchable. Perhaps it is fixable, but if it is, I sure can't figure it out. I believe others are having this problem too but have not voice an opinion on the subject as of yet.

Bottomline, I am not "drawn" to visit ukuleleundergrounds.com's main site and enjoy the lessons and livecasts, but instead find myself merely spending time surfing your forums.

As one of the earliest and foundering members of this site, my suggestion to this problem is as follows:

1. Change your host video provider (viddler.com) so that all members can enjoy every aspect that ukuleleunderground.com has to offers.

2. Keep viddler.com as your main host, but simply add an addition link at the bottom of the video player that will re-direct a user (like myself) to a youtube.com clip of the same source. ** Note: A bonus to this concept is that you can add your site address at the beginning of each video clip. As unknown youtube uke surfers find these video clips by chance, they can be recuited to your site as new members, and enjoy all the great features that ukuleleunderground has to offer.

Thanks, E-Lo....

Yeah, Aaron and I had a talk about it today. We're going to try something to fix it this week. We have the video from the performance on Thursday uploaded and ready to go but didn't put it up on the site because the quality was awful.

The problem isn't with your computers, its with our videos and our encoding.

Once again, thanks for bearing with us as we continue to get the kinks out of our system.

The videos should be fixed by the end of the week (hopefully) I'll update this thread if we still don't have it figured out by then.

Are these problems in both the lesson and uku minutes or just 1 or the other?

Last edited:
Hey Rayan, E-Lo here. The chopped video problem still exists on my computer. Whatever video format viddler.com is feeding ukuleleunderground.com is not making my Windows XP, broadband connection happy at all. I have no problems on any other video site i.e. youtube, Aol, etc..

All the videos are working great here. Also the two from the performance on thursday.

Are you using the lastest flashplayer, E-Lo?
Youtube still uses flash7, while viddler uses flash9.

Downloadlink for flash9:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

All the videos are working great here. Also the two from the performance on thursday.

Are you using the lastest flashplayer, E-Lo?
Youtube still uses flash7, while viddler uses flash9.

Downloadlink for flash9:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
Yes, I am using the latest Flash9 player. Ryan, last night, has been working on the problem and sent me a test video clip to check out from viddler.com. It worked very well, so I believe he has found the problem to the choppy video feed. However, this solution has not been posted on the site as-of-yet. (These things take time). I don't mind waiting. But yeah, I've tried different browsers, clearing my temp internet files, pausing the video loading, reading up on choppy vid problems on web blogs, etc, etc.. You name it, I've tried it.

BTW, I have a BS degree in Computer Science from the University of Kentucky, however, it is in software programming applications, not hardware or networking problems. If I had to do it again, I would have studied these other areas of the IT field. They are much more interesting than picking at data code and more usable skills in my opinion. Thanks, ernie..

Last edited:
Top Bottom