PDA

View Full Version : song suggestions for two strummers?

raecarter
09-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Morning all I am introducing a guitar player to uke today and need a modern song where two can strum together but maybe different variations the only one I can think of is the bucket by kings of Leon any other ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks

mds725
09-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Here's one that seems pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtfSe6jwwdI&feature=PlayList&p=04E4BEADE779C8D6&index=0&playnext=1

TCK
09-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Someday, I am going to talk my wife into playing some Louvin Brothers with me. She is pretty much the coolest wife ever, but she has one flaw- she hates them. She does however love when people cover their songs (to the point that I take great delight in telling her the song she is humming is a Louvin tune).
Anyway...I am a sick music collector, but why is it there are no Uke covers on the YouTube of the greatest duet to ever play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sZQAEd7H8U&feature=related

mailman
09-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Have you seen The Reentrants?

Hippie Dribble
09-03-2010, 03:28 PM
hey there rae

what about a couple of simple fairly "current" pop tunes that most people know like "I'm Yours" or "Hey Soul Sister"?

Very easy to strum to with only 4 or so chords each, and with a capo you could make them even easier.

happy days mate. eugene

PS I was going to suggest a fabulous pop song called "Gypsy Davy". That was top of the pops...back in 1700. Oh well, only 300 years too late...the story of my life!

raecarter
09-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions unfortunately they all came on after i met him. He was incredibly competent after ten minutes I was amazed In the end he wanted to play live forever by oasis so we worked it out. He then worked out the solo of it it was mind blowing I just explained the mathematics of the uke compared to a guitar. He wants to start a band and is buying my kala ka-smhc so i can now get the acoustic trio mi-si for my mainland. All In all it was a wonderful day!

Hippie Dribble
09-03-2010, 11:56 PM
that's awesome rae. glad to hear another guitarist appreciating the humble uke. cheers mate and all the best with the band. Keep us informed...eugene

raecarter
09-04-2010, 12:46 AM
Will do thanks Eugene