FS: Mainland solid mahogany tenor w/cutaway and slotted headstock (limited edition)

monty

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm selling my Mainland solid mahogany beautiful tenor, and i've only had it for 3 weeks! I know some of you are thinking why am I selling it, but I have been talking to a local luthier and really love some idea's he's got, so I need the cash to upgrade to my first custom. It comes with a hard case, and i'll put a $280 price tag on it (uke retails for $290, case for $40) I live in Australia, so i'll take the brunt of the shipping costs (id appreciate it if you threw in about $20 or so, its around $60 to get it over there.)

The sound on this uke is what you'd expect from every positive mainland review on UU, its really lovely. I'll try and map out the specs, but bear in mind i'm no expert in construction :)

Top, back and sides: solid mahogany
Neck: solid mahogany
slotted headstock: I think its laminated mahogany
fretboard and bridge: rosewood
Aquilla strings
Made: June 2010
Cutaway model with slotted headstock

It looks, sounds, and is practically brand new. There are no obvious defects, and its only got super light play "smudge" marks which I'll get off with a soft cloth. Feel free to pm me and have a chat about it, I thoroughly enjoy this uke and would keep it if I wasnt a poor university student. When I get enough money, I will buy another solid mahogany mainland thats for sure... someday when i'm rich and famous :)

Attachments

• IMAG0046.jpg
    IMAG0046.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 107
  • IMAG0047.jpg
    IMAG0047.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMAG0044.jpg
    IMAG0044.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 168
  • IMAG0053.jpg
    IMAG0053.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 95
Here's some more pictures.. hopefully I dont upload the same ones!

I didnt mention the wood grain before - its beautiful! some really nice "ruffled" (ruffled?) look as it works down the grain.

Attachments

• IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0050.jpg
    IMAG0050.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 101
As an owner of a standard Mainland mahog tenor, this is an amazing deal! Grab it!

That looks like a sweet one. The pictures are a bit blurred when zoomed out. Did you get the case with it? It almost looks like it is too big for the uke.

Hey Ukedani. Yeh I was really happy with both aesthetics and tone with this one. The pictures are probably blurry cause I was taking them with my phone and I dont have the steadiest hands :p and Yes, this is the case Mike sent over with the uke - I haven't noticed it being too big really, seems about the same fit as previous guitars in hard cases etc.

wow 1st time ive seen a mainland for sale

Hey Ukedani. Yeh I was really happy with both aesthetics and tone with this one. The pictures are probably blurry cause I was taking them with my phone and I dont have the steadiest hands :p and Yes, this is the case Mike sent over with the uke - I haven't noticed it being too big really, seems about the same fit as previous guitars in hard cases etc.

And I forgot to mention I love the slotted headstock. Good luck on your custom. I'm sure someone will snap this one up. :)

Top Bottom