Update... I found a 'ukulele teacher

hawaiianmusiclover06

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just wanted to thank everyone here who helped me to find a find a good 'ukulele school and instructors. After thinking about it long and hard, I decided that I wanted to go with Herb Ohta, Jr. By the way, if anyone cares I had my first lesson with him this past Friday afternoon. He is such a great teacher, very patient, and humble. :bowdown:

how did you set that up?

Nice! Would you be willing to let us know what kind of stuff you learn at your lessons? I, for one, would be interested. Enjoy the lessons.

wow congratulations! not only do you get an excellent ukulele player for an instructor but it's also free :D how many lessons do you plan on taking from him?

Just anf FYI, here in the Bay Area, I have an ukulele teacher and he charges about $25 per lesson, half hour long. Not sure if that's the going rate or if I'm getting ripped off, but I'm learning something from him, and I could be using the money/time for something not as worthwhile, so I'm cool with that. Let me know if prices differ anywhere else.

I'm in the Bay Area as well and have been looking around for a teacher. Where do you take lessons?

Top Bottom