the ukulele orchestra of great britain

raecarter

Reaction score
Are any of the band members on this site as I'm seeing them this week?

No idea if any are mebers here, I susect perhaps not, but I saw them at Chepstow Castle last night. If you haven't seen them before then you are in for a treat.

Where are they playing this week? I know they were at the Mosely Folk Festival today.

Last edited:
They are playing in Fareham In Hampshire. My mrs got me and her tickets for my birthday

Hopefully they'll come back to Darlington soon, it's been 2 years since they were here last and we absolutely loved them.

I would go see them if they ever come touring USA. I enjoy them each time I happen upon one of their videos on Youtube. I just downloaded two of them about an hour ago.

These appear to be the UOGB's only three upcoming North America concerts.

Tuesday 2nd SOLD OUT
Carnegie Hall (Zankel Hall)
881 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019-3210, USA
Performance time: 7.30pm
Box Office: +1 212-247-7800
Online booking:
http://www.carnegiehall.org/
Thursday 4th
Mary D'Angelo Performing Arts Centre
Mercyhurst College
501 East 38th Street, Erie, PA 16546, USA
Performance time: TBC
Box Office: +1 814-824-3000
Online booking:
http://marydangeloperformingartscenter.createbot.com/
Saturday 6th
Convocation Hall
University Of Toronto
31 King's College Circle, Toronto ON M5S 1A1, Canada
Performance time: 8.00pm
Box Office: +1 416-870-8000
Online booking:
http:http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/100044A7B4DAB4B2

The UOGB has a New Zealand tour that's scheduled to begin on November 19, 2010. I wonder if the recent earthquake will affect the orchestra's December 1, 2010, appearance in Christchurch.

I enjoyed it so much that i am thinking about booking tickets again for the Birmingham or Warwick gigs early next year. Closer to home too!

The UOGB has a New Zealand tour that's scheduled to begin on November 19, 2010. I wonder if the recent earthquake will affect the orchestra's December 1, 2010, appearance in Christchurch.

I doubt it. Metallica is due to play Chch in two weeks and they've confirmed that their concerts are still going ahead. Christchurch has come off extremely well after such a big quake and the ensuing 270+ aftershocks (of mag. 3+). In fact, they came off so well that NZ was able to say "no thanks, we're ok" to all offers of help from other nations/the UN etc. Well, that and NZ is a country expecting earthquakes, so we've got NZ$15Bn set aside for moments like this :)

So at most, the venue might change...

(Also, the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra is putting on a concert for free)

Last edited:
I doubt it. Metallica is due to play Chch in two weeks and they've confirmed that their concerts are still going ahead. Christchurch has come off extremely well after such a big quake and the ensuing 270+ aftershocks (of mag. 3+). In fact, they came off so well that NZ was able to say "no thanks, we're ok" to all offers of help from other nations/the UN etc. Well, that and NZ is a country expecting earthquakes, so we've got NZ$15Bn set aside for moments like this :)

Glad to hear that NZ in general, and Christchurch in particular, are doing well after that big quake.

Glad to hear that NZ in general, and Christchurch in particular, are doing well after that big quake.

Yeah, I have a few friends down there who have been through quakes every night since the big one, and they are really frazzled... like: go to sleep and expect more, post-traumatic frazzled... the aftershocks have been in the 5.4 range so not exactly unsubstantial in and of themselves. But on the whole, they're all holding up quite well :)

(where I am in Wellington is where everyone expected this kind of event to happen, except in the 8.x or more scale... no-one ever expected anything to happen down in that region of NZ, so it's quite a surprise)

There are articles out there comparing NZ to Haiti, similar size earthquake, different result...

Last edited:
Top Bottom