Song Help Request looking for an intermediate song, thats fun to play!

readyarnott31

Reaction score
title says it all. i want to learn a song that will be fun to play, possibly a song i could sing along too, but that doesn't matter. their can be some picking parts in it, and i want people to go "wow!" when i play it :D

Maybe it would help if you could tell us about the songs you already play. I'm presuming that you're looking for something just a bit more advanced. Your idea of intermediate and ours may be quite different....

I have to echo mailman's remark.

The other thing about your question too, is that you can make ANY song as difficult or easy as you like. "Skip To My Lou" can even be relatively complex if you give it light and shade and play the solo riff by picking the notes off the chords!!!

I like to take old folk and jazz tunes with fairly standard progressions and put my own slant on them with bits of fingerpicking and little solos / tremolos / strum variations etc throughout.

I think the trick in getting the "wow" factor is to keep the performance interesting...dynamic...so there's bits of light and shade...for example, you're not always strumming in the same rhythm; you're not always picking the same pattern; you're not always playing loud.....if you're with me??? Subtle variation.

yes i understand.. thanks for the help. and i am able to play most songs with practice, so their is alot of range

Top Bottom