The Fluke Museum - a good day for me

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
I have heard good things from people and their Flukes.

I never had one so I never knew what the big deal was.

So, long story short. I talk to a guy about buying his store window front display fluke. I buy it based on great playability right off the bat. I have no idea what a good price is for this Fluke; so, when I get home, I check online to see if I got snookered.

Well, from the pricing online, it seems I'm in the ballpark; so, I am happy..... then, I see its in the Fluke museum. The first alphabetical entry: THe Amoeba Music Store Limited Edition Fluke.

ok. Its a good day. ;)

See the museum here.

http://flukemuseum.blogspot.com/

And exactly what the uke looks like.

AmoebaUke.jpg

I've a fluke which I like, I will often use it as a traveller as it holds up to the knocks well. It was given to me as a present a few years back so I was unaware of their price until recently and was quite surprised by how costly they are in my part of the world. Admittedly the only shop which I have seen them in locally are generally pricey, they do have a great range of instruments and service the more money area of the city.

Aloha SuzukHammer,
Congrats on the score, man....you've got the UAS really bad huh!!!I think you may need more than
intervention...he he lol...jus kidding....MM Stan...

I am in the Asia part of the world and if you factor in shipping and then luxury/VAT taxes, you can easily double the price for a single uke. The local shops are at least 20-30% higher than prices on the internet. I've seen some prices up to 50% higher; so, I feel this purchase is a good score for sure.

I've been lucky with a few shipments here from NZ and England. And I've brought in some cheapies as luggage. All without having duties and luxury taxes put on me. lucky.

I know I got the UAS bad. I told my wife I was a little worried about that purchase; but it IS fun to play. But now I can't take it out to bang around on because of the Limited Edition laser etched logo on it. haha. So, it will be my bedtme goodnight practice banger. It will sleep with me .

Very cool. Amoeba is a landmark.

I just want to say that I really really dig this Fluke. It is fun and easy to play. I'm not a fan of how the headstock and strings interact and the headstock end is rather large by the fretboard; but, damned - they know how to design for the primary purpose and that is making good sweet tone.

Top Bottom