Labor Day sales, anyone get lucky?

Mr Bill

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Stopped by a few stores today and saw some nice deals.
Woulda bought a dolphin, but for me a pink uke, I think not.
At the higher end, I played a couple of Martin SO ukes not flashy
but a really nice tone and well crafted. In the middle the Kala figured
mohagany was a pretty nice player. Well I ended up only getting guitar strings
and was reminded about saving up for a "K".

Anyone lucky enough to take a sale item home?

Cheers.

I found a retired music teacher and got a soprano uke with case for $5. It needs strings. She actually wanted $10, but her husband answered the door....

Turns out, she has a Kamaka, a pink Flea and a green Flea! I sent a thank you note and mentioned if they needed new homes, well, you know.

I fell in love with a curly spalted maple and spruce top Kala today...but I left it there- I am working on Uke #5 after playing for 3 weeks, and my wife is right, this is getting bad

i got a new TV, does that count??? i'm not allowed any new instruments for the rest of the year. not even for my birthday!!!

I scoured a flea market we were selling snowballs in and missed one good find for a soprano vintage banjo uke by a couple hours. Got a lead from a cousin on one the next day and by the time I got there, the vendor had packed up and left, but everyone else knew about it. Sigh...

Got me an old Silvertone uke to tinker with fixing it up. It has a crack in the back and needs help, but for next to nothing I thought it would be fun to help it :)

Got me an old Silvertone uke to tinker with fixing it up. It has a crack in the back and needs help, but for next to nothing I thought it would be fun to help it :)
I was flying a trip all weekend until late Monday night so couldn't even check for sales, but like Mim I recently got a box of old ukes and banjo ukes I'm looking to restore, that should keep me out of trouble for a while and keep the dreaded UAS at bay. (well probably not!! But I can try ;-).

Top Bottom