Peanuts Wisdom

H

Hippie Dribble

ukulele pic charlie brown_tmp.jpg

Hi all. Charles Schulz sure knew a thing or two about a thing or two. Thought this lovely strip might put a smile on a few faces...

How cool! I've never seen that one before and I thought I'd read every one of his comic strips. That one's going up on the door to my office. I guess "Happiness is a Warm Fretboard."

How cool! I've never seen that one before and I thought I'd read every one of his comic strips. That one's going up on the door to my office. I guess "Happiness is a Warm Fretboard."

actually mds725, I cheated a little tiny bit...the original strip says "banjo" but nothing 5 minutes on the photostusio program couldn't fix!!

Aloha Eugene,
I seen the heading, and I knew it had to be you....but inside we all are "peanuts lovers" .....
Charles was such a genius, so simple words, yet so much meaning behind it all, that we all could understand...
Thanks for sharing....Eugene....Charles....Charlie...

Last edited:
Not to bring down the tone of this, as I am not sure everyone knows, but Charles Schultz actually died the day his last strip was published. I cried when I heard that, not only being a Peanuts lover for years, but that just says something about the man. He loved the strip that much that it seemed like he couldn't live without it. It's kind of poetic.

yes mate, you're absolutely right, and he pretty much admitted that himself. It's just incredible to me: 50 years drawing the one strip, he never missed a day, nor did he ever get anyone else to do it for him - despite numerous offers, es[pecially as he got older and his penlines got noticeably more shakey. While we're on this topic, I have to recommend Micheal Angelis' biography of Schulz published last year. A wonderful, detailed and insightful study of the man, really broad in its perspective...

Third thread with the same title. Cute - thanks for sharing.

Third thread with the same title. Cute - thanks for sharing.

yeah I know...sorry Mandarb, I feel very silly but this is the first time I've tried to use a picture attachment in any of my posts and wasn't quite sure what I was doing. I let one of the moderators know as soon as I realised what I'd done and asked them to wipe 2 of them but oviously that hasn't happenned yet. Anyway, I'll know for next time. I'm a complete Luddite when it comes to computers and am amazed I was even able to get a picture up!!!

Top Bottom